19

Enola follows Mae all the way to a pub / performance club called the Paragon

Enola walks in it is incredibly busy in here with sailors laughing and joking. Posh ladies drinking shampane and drunk men landing themselves in fights. Posh men in top hats on the ground floor drinking whatever and waiting for the show to start.

A band starts playing and the crowd starts to cheer loudly. A girl swings on a rope across the hall snatching the hat off one of the posh men's head. And landing back on the stage. The crowd cheering loudly.

The curtains are drawn on the stage and five ladies enter all in top hats.

'Where did you get that hat? Where did you get that tie?' They women sing.

Enola watches the performance closely only realizing when they take their hats of for one of the same that one of them is Mae.

***

Enola skips back stage looking around. Its is rowdy back here everyone getting ready for their time on stage. Enola finds some makeup left on the side. Interesting it is the same one from in Sarah's draw. 

Enola remembers Bessie mentioning that Sarah worked at a pub known as the stag antlers. Enola wheels around spotting stag antlers in the corner of the room. (Readers note - No PRONGS.If you know you know ;) She worked here but just didn't want Bessie to know.

She can practically picture Sarah's red hair preforming in the center of stage and in the audience, Ester watching with a big smile on her face.

Enola gasps as she is pushed into a cupboard. "You have five seconds to tell me why you are here." Mae spits a knife held to Enola's throat.

Enola pants quite afraid of the girl that claimed she was fond of Ester. "Did Sarah work here?" Enola asks.  She watches as Mae's eyes widen "She did, didn't she and Bessie didn't know."

"There is plenty Bessie don't know." Mae spits venom lacing her words "And plenty you don't need to tell her about."

"I know you helped her and Ester into that office." Enola states matter of factly "They took those pages, why? What's happen to them?"

"Just leave us be alright!" Says Mae harshly "Posh girls like you don't belong in this fight." Enola had enough of her words and holds her arm spinning around so instead Mae is the one pressed to the cupboard a knife at her throat.

"Posh or not." Enola says with a smirk "One thing I am good at is fighting. Now, tell me where they are hiding and what do they know?"

Mae's voice holds a bit of surprise as she replies "You got more to ya then I thought."

A man walks up with a moustache getting Mae free, before he is instructed to get Enola out of there. "Come on." He says and Enola sighs walking after him.

"Where did Sarah do her make up?" The man holds out his hand for money, which Enola gives him. He leads Enola to a tiny makeup desk. "She attracted the men with the big pockets."