24

Me and Enola separate when we get to London her going to check on Bessie and me going to check in with Sarah to let her know everything is going well with our plan and that Tewksbury is on board

"Sarah?" I call as I enter the apartment. "Sarah?" I call again but I get no answer.

I enter the kitchen to see a note on the table, 'Gone to the Paragon to meet with your brother if anything happened we were supposed to check in there, we were supposed to meet earlier but he didn't turn up, 

Come to the Paragon as soon as you get this xxx

Love Sarah'

I feel this sinking feeling and I know something is terribly wrong, so I go to the first person I think of helping me. Tewksbury.

I knock on his light green door.

"Ester?" he asks probably not expecting me.

I nod my head, he can tell something is off so he opens his arms and I fling myself into his. He hugs me tightly, his scent calms me.

"Are you alright? Is Enola okay?" Tewksbury asks worry lacing his tone. 

"Enola is fine." I say plainly. "But I fear something is terribly wrong with my brother" and again I feel the same sinking feeling like I am being drained. Something is terribly wrong.

Tewksbury seems to notice my worry because he grabs his coat from behind the door and wraps his arms around my shoulder. "What are we waiting for then?" He asks charmingly. "Lets go check on your brother."

I lean into him, he leads me to the street and hails a cab. I believe that I don't deserve this man, I disappeared for weeks, he didn't know my last name for months, but yet he trusts me blindly and treats me how any women wants to be treated. Yet all I do is put him in danger. If we get out of this. When we get out of this. I am going to tell him everything, including my feelings for him.

We arrive outside Lyon factory, where my brother often is working late, he is either here at my parents or in the apartment, unless he went to the Paragon, but my gut feeling is telling me he is here.

The gates our locket, and I am so happy right now that I chose to wear trousers. "Give me a boost." He gives me a leg up over the gate before climbing over himself.

***

Inside the factory is quiet to quiet, everything seems to loud, so when I hear a bang I grab Tewksbury's hand, he holds it tightly giving me a tight squeeze letting me know its okay. Its the confidence boost I needed. 

We both sneak up to the office quietly sneak around when we enter the office it is warm. I look around and there standing next to the fire are Sherlock and Enola with sorry looks on their faces and ... and ...

I fall to the floor a sob racking my body, my brother, the one person that has had my back my whole life, the one person who cared from my family. Is gone. He can't be gone. I sob, everything else in the world grows dull.