Provincehood

///(1940, Pearl Harbour)///

Canada sat by his brother, wiping some blood off of his various cuts and bruises. America looked down, covered head to toe in debris and explosion burns. "You shouldn't be here, It's not safe."

"I'm not going to leave my big brother while your covered in blood and dirt." Canada wrapped some bandages around Ame's bigger wounds. "Stupid woman, playing her stupid war games."

America glanced back at the disgusting rubble, glass and blood that now dotted the once serene beaches of Hawaii. He felt sick to his stomach.

"Hey look at me!" Canada turned his brother's head away from the destruction. "We're declaring war on her and... and we'll make her wish she didn't ever touch you."

America looked to his little brother and laughed, "When did you worry about me? I swear just a few years ago you swore off talking with me."

"Well things change." He pulled the bandage harder, "People change. Your my brother even if you are the worst human scum on earth some times."

"Ow! Don't pull that bandage so hard."

"Sorry."

America stretched, getting up. "Now Can-Can, we have a genocidal manic to declare war on, and beat the hell out of. You in?"

Canada broke a smile and looped his arm around the injured American. "Brothers?"

"Brothers!"

//(Modern day)//

"CANADA!"

"America what are you doing here?" Canada asked as he flipped over some pancakes.

America hung up his coat and walked into the room. "Well due to our agreement- wait are you wearing a kiss the cook apron?"

Canada turned hot red and grumbled. "I can't control what my girlfriend buys me. Plus this is the only clean apron I have."

America laughed a little and grabbed a finished pancake. "Always Canada and the weirdest things. Anyways, I got us some fire works and burgers for a finishing celebration before we all leave."

Canada put the last pancake on the plate and started to take it out to the table with some syrup. "Good, we need something to do. CAN SOMEONE PUT OUT CALIFORNIA AND BC PLEASE!"

A fire extinguisher fired out white gas just as Canada placed down the food. America grabbed the bacon and slid it on both sides of the table. A few states grumbled and greeted their dad as a few provinces waved at their uncle. "Sooooo you want me to take 'em this morning, this afternoon, tomorrow?"

Canada shrugged, "Eh, how does tonight work?"

America nodded and rolled some maple syrup across the table before jumping by Canada's seat at head of table.

"So kiddos! Today ends the whole being forced to live together. Maple man and I have planned a big firework party to end off the day. I expect all of you packed up and ready to leave 'round 8." America looked down at his watch before smiling back at the group of young adults. They seemed rather... bored.

"I suggest you get packing. I'm locking this place shut after 8. Now if you don't mind I need to get my documents in order, I'll be in my study if you need me." Canada twirled the keys to the house in his fingers as he walked over to his office. The subdivisions, with this threat, sped through through their meals and rushed out the door. America stood blankly in the now empty room.

"CANADA! DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"TOO SLOW STARBOY!"

//////