Bad memories

New Brunswick sighed, entering the large house filled with memories- most unpleasant. She grazed her hand through the tattered wallpaper. The house hadn't changed much in the last century. She turned the hall to a small hallway, a cricketing sign with sloppy writing hung above the hall reading rooms for New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia. Memories flooded back of running through the still creaking halls as British Canada was in a another room with the babies. Sometimes Upper Canada would come and play with the three but he was usually busy with Lower and Canada.

"Hey Brunswick! You ok?" Nova Scotia came into the hall, his arms stuffed with bags. "Sheesh Canada couldn't even clear this place up a bit." Nova pulled the sign off throwing it to the trash.

"What do you think of the states living here?" Brunswick asked walking over to her old room.

"Eh DC was probably just needed a break- plus your friends with a few of 'em. They'll be in and out and you won't need to even wink." Brunswick smiled at Nova Scotia's statement. She wanted to leave this place as soon as possible. The memories of this place would never let her sleep.

Meanwhile Newfoundland  and Labrador were stumbling around the house. As one of the only two provinces who hadn't grown up in the place it was scary. The walls are wide and seemed to go on forever, not to mention the haunting interior.

"Need help?" Northwest seemed to appear out of nowhere. Nunavut has clung to his head in a piggyback which would have been hilarious in hindsight.

"Uh yeah... you lived here?" Labrador questioned.

"Yeah, everyone expect Nunavut and you two grew up in this house. Don't be mistaken though, this placed never really felt like home. I'm glad Nunavut didn't have to grow up here." Newfoundland and Labrador were put slightly back. Sure this place seemed more like a Hollywood set then a home but he lived here almost all his life didn't he? "Anyways your room happens to be right- here." North knocked on a door which read office.

"See big brother is very helpful!" Nunavut smiled falling back onto his head.

"Youtooooarrewaytocute!" Newfoundland giggles as Northwest gets ever so more frustrated. Newfoundland and Labrador entered the small room. Two beds sat on either side of the room each with their own nightstand and lamp. A window divided the room in half as well as a ring in the direct middle of the room. On one of the beds a note read their names whilst the other one read a different.

"Louisiana?"

"ARGH! BC why'd you have to bring so much stuff!" Alberta groaned pushing a small suitcase holder across the barren halls.

"Shut up, you literally brought five different cowboy hats and four different hockey jerseys. You can calm down about a bit of clothes." BC scoffed.

"Can you two stop bickering?! We have to get our stuff to our rooms without it breaking!" Manitoba whined staring down the two. Manitoba was tired and being here was making him feel sick. The house brought nothing but broken promises and dreams back to him, he already had to live here once and that was enough.

"Sheesh calm down a tone! I get it you don't wanna be here I don't either- I mean I'm not exactly sure I can drink here... how old am I again?" Alberta tries to reason.

"117. Province years... probably like 18?" Saskatchewan adds.

"Good, didn't pack 'ese beers for nothing!"

"Wait... no! Your only 18! Your a year off!" BC yells shaking her head. Manitoba and Alberta look at her confused.

"No, drinking age is 18. Is it just me or are you going crazy." Manitoba confusion comes clear through his voice.

"Wait what?! Sask isn't your drinking age normal?"

"I mean I just head to their provinces- I don't even remember my drinking age."

"Your kidding me!" The prairies shrug at her statement. They enter their separate rooms. Manitoba looks around the wallpaper walls and sighs. At least this wasn't his old room, he turned to his new bed and dropped a few of his things onto the sheets. He layer onto the soft mattress and looked up to the popcorn ceiling.

Unlike the other provinces Manitoba didn't have a nice sized room- it was small and only could fit a single bed in it. He had tried to make it as homey as he could but it never felt right. Luckily soon enough Canada let the now teens move out. His home in the prairies never felt wrong or upsetting.

"HOW DID YALL GET! I got Texas." Alberta yelled across the hall.

"Nebraska." Saskatchewan replied.

"California!" BC cheered.

"Illinois?" Manitoba questioned looking down at the note left on the opposite bed. He didn't quite remember a illnois in the states he met through meetings. He couldn't help but wonder who this state was.

A large knock echoed through the hall as Mani got up. He sighed exiting his room.

'Better go meet my new roommate.'

—————————————————————-

Thanks for reading this chapter and getting this book to almost 430 reads! I'm still working on a few other books which means this might be your only chapter for awhile.

Also here's all the provinces/ territories and their state roommates.

BC and California
Alberta and Texas
Saskatchewan and Nebraska
Manitoba and Illinois
Ontario and Pennsylvania
Quebec and New York
Newfoundland and Labrador and Louisiana
Nova Scotia and Florida
New Brunswick and Mississippi
PEI and Rhode Island
Northwest Territories and Nunavut and Hawaii
Yukon and Alaska

Again thanks for so much support for this silly book!