13 Countries? Pt.1

It was a sunny day at Ontario's penthouse, he had been watching the sun dance across the Toronto city skyline almost all day as he cleaned the large apartment. It was his turn to host the monthly family dinner and after the drunken mess that the prairies hosted he knew he had to step up his game.

He looked at the cookbook on the kitchen island for a recipe that make his siblings happy. I mean sure he may have just called them losers and got into a duel with Alberta till Canada stopped them- but he still cared for them.

"Poutine and Nanaimo bars it is!" Ontario rejoiced, mixing up some gravy and starting the fries.

/////

"Hey Rio whatcha making?" A French accent came from the door. Of course Quebec came first, he was super close.

"Poutine and Nanaimo bars. Should I run and get some timmies too?"

"Nah I heard Saskachfdsusn is bringing pie for some reason."

"She's got to make up for the hockey team somehow."

DING DONG

"I'll get it!" Quebec opened the door to the Atlantics, the four had empty Tim Hortons coffee cups and a 20 pack of Timbits.

"We made a quick stop at Quebec City, it's a long drive from Labrador." Nova says, throwing away the cardboard.

"You couldn't even save anything for us?" Ontario angrily asks.

The Atlantics all look at Brunswick then back.

The door opened again as the three prairies came in with BC. "I brought Saskatoon berry pie! Don't look at me like that Al, I know who tried to eat it all last night!" Saskatchewan puts the pie onto the dining table.

"You're lucky I'm here, I am still on literal fire!" BC yells.

"Don't look at me! I didn't light single match!" Alberta yells back.

Finally the territories and Alaska for some reason arrive.

"Thanks for driving us here Alaska! I'm so sorry for what happened and-" Yukon starts.

"Yuki stop apologizing. Anyways I'll be back tomorrow to pick you two up." Alaska nods and leaves.

"Be sure to keep Nunavut away from ice. OH AND SEALS TOO!" North yells through the door.

"Yeah, yeah. I've babysat before you know."

/////

It had been almost an hour after Alaska had left and the provinces maple leafed dad had not came to the penthouse yet.

"You think he's in a UN meeting?"

"Nah I bet NATO!"

"Maybe he's with uncle and Mexico?"

"Which Uncle we have like fifty?!"

"Who do you think you English pig!"

"You know what- let's just start the supper! He can have the leftovers," Ontario states breaking the squabbling. He passed out small baskets of poutine to his siblings which they all accepted because poutine is delicious.

"Anyways so Ontario- you're a smart dude right?" Manitoba starts.

"Yeah, I guess?"

"Uh do you have any idea what this could be?" Manitoba puts a large button on the table. "I found it in my office in Winnipeg."

The provinces look over the small button, Alberta's hand drifting towards the red dot. Northwest Territories slaps it away, "Don't you dare." Alberta stuck out her tongue in response.

New Brunswick held it up and looked it over. Her hand drifted over the side, "Wait, it says something!"

"What?" Asked Prince Edward Island.

She squinted her eyes, "I don't know... it's not French or English. It's got really long words too. Lab, do you think you can translate?"

Labrador looked it over. "Perhaps it's Latin? If it is, it means that pressing it will give you a good-" Labrador was cut off by Alberta smashing the button into the ground. A flash erupted through the small room and the 12 tumbled out of their chairs. When they finally opened their eyes something felt... off. "WHAT THE HELL AL'!"

"Geez calm down." Alberta dusted herself off and helped Saskatchewan up. "You said that it was good. Plus, buttons are cool."

Ontario's hand glued to his head, "Alberta, you and your damn childness will be the death to us all." Alberta rolled her eyes.

RING RING

Ontario grumbled and reached for his phone, "Ontario Toronto speaking-"

"Want to explain to me why Canada just disappeared to dust?" A powerful voice came through the phone. He recognized it immediately, Mr. UN was calling.

"Wait what-"

"Canada just turned to dust, most likely because you all turned independent. You have two hours to get from wherever you are now to New York city and I can undo this mistake. Don't keep me waiting.'

BEEP

————
753 words