Part 7

"Hey dad" Allison said through the phone. "Hey Allison." Christopher said. "When am I coming for Christmas?" Allison asked. "Actually, I'm not going to be able to do Christmas this year honey" Christopher said. Allison's face dropped "oh". "I'm really busy with work this year I'm sorry" Christopher said. "Oh no. No, it's fine I'll just stay here with grandma and grandpa." Allison said trying to hide the disappointment in her voice. "Okay we'll I got to go I love you" Christopher said. "Okay I love you" Allison responded and hung up and wiped the tear that was falling down her face. 

     "Hey grandma" Allison said as she was walking down the stairs. "Well hello Allison. Do you know when you're going to your fathers this year?" Emily asked. "He actually just called me and told me that he was busy with work this year so I said I would stay with you." Allison said. "I'm sorry. I know you look forward to that" Emily said hugging her. "I'm fine grandma" Allison said. "Ok well we have the Christmas party tomorrow and Lorelai isn't coming but Rory is so you'll have to ignore her I guess" Emily said knowing how she had been towards her. "That's okay I've talked to her a little" Allison said. Emily smiled "good".

     The doorbell to the Gilmore house rang and Emily walked to the door and opened it, "hey grandma" Rory said. "Rory, come in you look lovely." Emily said "this is from me and mom" Rory said as she handed Emily the present. "Well aren't you thoughtful. I'll put it under the tree" Emily said as she carried the present over to the tree. "Mom actually picked it out" Rory said. "Rory, Allison hasn't come down yet will you go get her from her room." Emily asked and Rory was shocked she actually stayed this year. "Yeah sure" Rory said and walked up the stairs. Rory walked to what she assumed was Allison's room and knocked "come in" she heard and opened the door and walked in "oh hi" Allison said looking at her through her mirror while she was curling her hair. "Uh hi. Grandma said to come get you" Rory said. "Oh, okay I'll be done in a minute if you want to wait, we can go down together" Allison said. "Okay" Rory said looking around. She walked over and saw pictures of Allison and Christopher from the Christmas's before and from the trips her and her grandparents would take. "Do you see dad a lot?" Rory asked. "Not much I usually just see him for Christmas, but he cancelled this year" Allison said. "Oh, I'm sorry" Rory said. "No, it's fine" Allison said acting like it was but it wasn't. "Do you guys go on a lot of trips" Rory asked looking at the pictures of Allison with her grandparents. "We do go on quite a few, Martha's Vineyard in summer and then Paris sometimes. They have a schedule, but I don't really understand it." Allison said. "Oh, that's nice" Rory said.  Allison finished up her hair and stood up. "Ok I'm ready." Allison said and hooked her arm in Rory's and the two walked downstairs.

"If we talk to each other off to the side they won't acknowledge us." Allison told Rory. "Okay let's do that I have to talk to grandma first though." Rory said. "About what?" Allison asked. "The night of the dance me and Dean fell asleep at miss patty's, and I didn't get home till the next morning." Rory said. "I have so many questions, but I'll save them for later. Also, don't talk to her about it now she'll get mad wait till after when people leave, she'll have a couple drinks in her and be more pleasant." Allison said. "Okay." Rory said. "Okay everyone dinner is ready if we want to move to the dining room." Emily said and everyone slowly started to make their way to the dining room.

     Everyone was sat around the dining room table; Allison was sitting between Rory and their grandfather. Everyone was talking and Richard was looking down at his food like something was wrong, "Are you okay grandpa." Allison asked. "I'm fine dear just a little warm." Richard said and started talking to his friend. "Is it unbearably hot in here?" Richard asked as he started to mess with his tie. "Richard don't loosen your tie at the table." Emily said. "What are you plans for the holidays, Rory" a woman whose name Allison had forgotten even though she had met her multiple times before said. "I'll probably just be hanging out with my mom" Rory said. "It's such a shame she couldn't come she's always such a kick." Another women said. "Lorelai wasn't feeling well so I suggested she stay home." Emily said. "It is hot in here I'm going to lower the thermostat." Richard said. "I thought you said she was stuck at work grandma." Allison said and the women agreed with her. "Richard forget the thermostat" She said "She was supposed to work but she got the flu so she couldn't make it either way." Emily said. "Tell her we missed her" the women next to Rory said "I will" Rory replied. "Richard" Emily called out, "For heaven's sake." She said as she got up. "Richard" she called out again as she walked towards the thermostat.