Part 21

"Why are we even trying?" Allison asked as she helped her mother make the face of the snowwoman the three girls were making. "Yeah, the one over there is going to win anyway," Rory said pointing at another snowman a man was working on. "I'm sorry that snowman is way over the top, way too showy. It's screaming "I'm incredible. I'm special! look at me!" Lorelai said. "I think that's the point," Allison said and the three turned their eyes back to their own snowwoman. "The mouth makes her look like she had a stroke," Rory said and Allison nodded her head in agreement. "Fine we'll use the Mrs. Potato head lips," Lorelai said "No those are too over the top" Allison said. "Allison my dear oldest daughter when have you known me not to be over the top?" Lorelai asked, "Like the first eighteen years of my life." she said which rendered her mother speechless "But that was because I barely knew you." "Fine we won't use the Mrs. potato head lips, well leave stroke mouth." Lorelai said and the three continued their snowwoman. "So, what are we going to do on your school break?" Lorelai asked Rory as she put a wig on the snow woman. "A lot of nothing" Rory said, "sounds good" Their mother said, "Plus some homework" Rory added "and a lot of movies" Lorelai said "we have to rent godfather three on DVD. in the audio commentary Coppola actually defends casting Sofia." Rory said, "Now that is fatherly love." Lorelai said, "What's all this homework you have to do?" "Just stuff for the paper" Rory said as if it was normal "what why?" their mother asked. "Because Paris wants the first issue back to be a double issue, so we have to prep over break." Rory said. "Is Paris aware of the definition of a break?" Allison asked, "What did you never have homework while you were on break?" Rory said, "No I did it all in study hall" Allison said in a very matter of fact tone. "Oh, were you not doing anything with max?" Rory asked in a somewhat snarkily but she meant it as a joke "I didn't do everything with him." Allison replied "he also had a class during my study hall, so it never really worked out" that part in which she said in a quiet tone so that it was left unheard to her sister. "Oh my god" Rory exclaimed looking at the man whose snowman Lorelai described as over the top "What?" Lorelai asked, "He's power buffing" Rory said and the three turned to look at the snowman "Oh now that is just wrong" Lorelai said. "We shouldn't look at him anymore" Allison said "Heads down, stay focused" Lorelai said. and the three all looked down but then watched as the head of their snowwoman hit the ground "she took the heads down thing serious" Allison said and Rory looked at her "What that was funny?" "Coffee?" Rory asked and the three started to walk towards Lukes. "Can we name her Anne?" Allison asked and Lorelai looked confused "ooh or Cathrine" Allison added, and Rory shook her head.

     The Gilmore family and Max medina sat around the table in silence eating their Friday night dinner. the silence wasn't a comfortable silence no it was so uncomfortable is made Allison wonder if Max who was sitting beside her could hear her heart beating. Max looked at Allison with a look that basically said "Why is no one talking this is so uncomfortable" Allison just shrugged and the couple let out a breath of relief when Lorelai asked Richard what his travel plans were the conversation then led to Lorelai and Rory trying to find out the name for the residents of the Bahamas which Rory then threw out "Bahamians" which was correct. 

     Richard eventually left the table early and they started to talk amongst themselves. "When is this awfulness with work going to resolve itself?"  "I don't know the man is so sensitive he reads so much into every little perceived slight." "Their pushing him out of a company he's helped build from the ground up I don't think he should be called sensitive for being upset over something that would make anyone upset." Allison said and the table fell back into a silence, but Allison felt a hand on her leg, and she looked down and saw Max's hand, so she picked it up and linked their fingers and smiled up at him.

     Allison walked into Lukes and saw the excited faces of Lorelai, Sookie, and Rory. "Are you guys really that excited for the Bracebridge group?" She asked as she sat in the only empty chair at the table. "Oh no the Bracebridge group got snowed in" Lorelai said in a surprisingly happy tone "I'm sorry. I know how prepared you guys were for it" Allison apologized. Allison seemed to apologize a lot even if whatever happened wasn't her fault it was just something she does. "Oh no its fine because we are still having it" Lorelai said. "Isn't it like a feast?" Allison asked. "It is so we're inviting everyone." Lorelai said.  "We're going to make the food and have the musicians play and everyone going to stay at the inn" Sookie said the excitement in her voice was very present. "So, you should invite Max" Lorelai said and Allison smiled.