Part 22

"Hello, come in" "Its freezing" Rory said as she handed her coat to the maid, Allison and Max did the same "Thank you" Max said as he smiles at the maid as she took his coat. "Well come in sit by the fire ill make you drinks and then we could talk" Emily said and Max looked at Allison frightened by how her grandmother was acting "Shes plotting" Allison said and he shook his head and followed his girlfriend to the living room. "So how are you doing Lorelai" Emily asked "Um I'm fine mom" Lorelai responded "Rory?" "I'm fine" Rory said "Allison?" "I'm good" she said concerned about where the conversation was headed. "Max?" "I'm great Emily" he said. "How are you mom?" Lorelai asked, "Also fine" Emily said "Great." Lorelai said and they all excepted their drinks from Emily as she handed them out. "So, Allison, Max" "Yes grandma" Allison asked as she took a drink. "Are you ever going to get married?" Emily asked bluntly. Allison choked on her drink and Max looked at her "I don't know Grandma we haven't really talked about it" "Well" Max said, and she looked at him with a look that he knew meant don't bring this up right now. "What?" Emily asked, "Have you talked about it?" they both stayed silent "Max?" "Well grandma there was one time where max proposed, but it wasn't serious it was just a way to fix the problem we had" "It was serious to me" Max said "When was this?" Emily asked confused "It was when everyone found out" Allison said and Emilys head immediately turned towards Max "While she was still your student? you proposed to her while she was in high school" "we did a lot while I was in high school" Allison said and Emily looked at her speechless "Allison" Max said. "Ok do you ever plan on marrying anybody that's all I want to know" Emily asked and Allison responded, "Yes I do " "Ok Lorelai what about you" Emily asked "what about me?" Lorelai asked confused on why the conversation was even happening "do you ever plan on marrying anybody?" her mother asked, "Ok what is going on?" Lorelai asked "well I visited the family mausoleum today" Emily said "never what you think it's gonna be" Lorelai said and Allison shook her head smiling. "I just wanted to check on things make sure they were keeping it up and changing the flowers you know" Emily continued "Yeah" "So I went inside and looked around and it occurred to me that there was very little space there. now of course there's a spot open for me and Richard and the three of you girls but after you that's it there's no room for anyone else" "Ahhh" "so if you two do get married I don't know where max would go" Emily said gesturing towards max and Allison "well he'll probably be gone first just throw us in together" Allison said and Max looked at her "what if I want to be by myself I put up with you until death what makes you think I want to do it in death too" "You'll be fine I'm small and you just be bones by then" Allison said and Max shook his head "why are we talking about this?" Rory asked not liking the conversation topic "well I looked into expanding into the crypt next door but the family just wouldn't have it so the man who worked at the cemetery suggested an annex" Emily said "An Annex?" Rory asked, "Yes so if we do get the annex and you all do get married well just have to decide who to move" "Ohh yeah well why don't we move Aunt Cecile she was always so annoying at parties." Lorelai said and Allison giggled "Hey max knock knock" "Who's There?" He responded, "Not aunt Cecile" Max said "Not aunt Cecile who?" "Not aunt Cecile because Shes dead and would never finish the fucking joke" Max looked at her shocked and Lorelai giggled, and Allison looked proud "I get my humor from my mother" "Ok its decided Cecile goes to the annex. now who else." "I vote Uncle Barty he could never hold a good conversation" Allison said and Emily nodded "that's true. ok he goes with Cecile." "Sorry I'm late what did I miss?" Richard said as he walked down the stairs and started to fix himself a drink "Cecile and Barty are going to the annex" Emily said proud that they had come to a conclusion "Good choice" "Hey grandpa knock knock" Allison said starting her joke "Who's there" he continued "Not aunt Cecile" "Not aunt Cecile who" "Not aunt Cecile because Shes dead and would never finish the joke." Richard laughed and Allison looked at Max "I'll never get moved to the annex". "Do you regret your choices now?" Rory asked max and he looked at Allison and back to Rory "Never."