Part 3

Allison walked into the coffee shop that she had gone to the last Friday. She walked up to the counter and ordered. The girl behind the register smiled and then went to go make her tea. She looked around and saw a familiar face at the counter. "Hello Max," she said walking up to him. "Hello, Allison. How have you been in the hour since we last saw each other." Max said "I've been fine. Found out that my grandparents are helping Rory with Chilton." Allison said. "We'll that's interesting," Max said not knowing how to respond. "Very" Allison said annoyed by her grandparents.

The next few days had gone by, and it was now Friday the day of the Shakespeare test. Allison had gotten ready and rushed out of the house grabbing a croissant on the way out. She hadn't really talked to her grandparents since the other night she was mad and a little hurt, but she knew that Rory was still their grandchild, so she needed to get over it.

Allison walked into the school and went straight to English she couldn't be late not on the day of a test that was twenty percent of her grade. She walked into the classroom and sat down right as Max had started talking and handing out tests. Everyone had started and was doing good until the door opened and Rory walked in "I'm Sorry" she said walking in. Max started talking "Everyone back to your tests. Miss Gilmore, you're going to have to wait in the library." "What about the test?" Rory asked. "I'm afraid you've missed the test." Max responded "No" Rory said. "We started class promptly at eight o five that's when everyone takes their seats." Max said reasoning with her. "Please" she begged. "I'm sorry it's the rules." He spoke. "But you don't understand." I was up all-night studying and then I missed my bus. So, I had to drive." She said, "Let's discuss this outside." Max said. "So, I'm driving down this road and I stop, and I got hit by a deer." She said and Allison raised her head to listen. "You hit a deer?" Max asked. "No, I got hit by a deer. You don't believe me I've got antler prints on the side of my mother's car." She said, "Rory, come on." Max said trying to calm her down. "No, you have to let me take this test! I'm ready for this test. I know everything about Shakespeare." She said, "Calm down." Max said. "I know his birthday and his mother's name and the kind of ink - Will you please just shut up I'm trying to take a test." Allison interrupted her. "Allison" Max warned. "What is your problem with me? You have no reason to be mad at me I did nothing to you" Rory yelled. "You took my mother from me." Allison yelled. "Both of you headmasters office now" Max said.

Rory was sat outside on a bench and Allison was in the headmaster's office with Max and headmaster Charleston. "Outburst like that will not be tolerated miss Gilmore." Headmaster Charleston said. "I know I'm sorry it was just I'm tired and I was ready for that test." Allison said. "Since your record is perfect and we all know nothing's like that has ever happens to you before I will let you off with a warning but miss Gilmore know that if that ever happens again there will be worse consequences." He spoke. "I understand and I'm sorry." Allison said. "Now you won't be able to retake the test but I'm sure Mr. Medina will give you extra credit to make up for what you will be missing from this test." The headmaster said. "Thank you." Allison was going to say more but was interrupted by the door opening. "Excuse me hello" a voice that sounded weirdly familiar said. Allison looked up at the woman and her face went blank. Max was beside her and saw how she changed the second she looked up. She was standing right there in that room. Lorelai Gilmore. Her mother. The woman who she has not seen since she was two was in the same room as her. "Um, I think there's been a terrible mistake." Lorelai said. "Rory told me she wasn't allowed to take her test." "She was late," headmaster Charleston said. "Right. We'll. See there was circumstances beyond her control. Rory is never late she's annoyingly on time. I think I'd you checked your records- past performance has nothing to do with it." The headmaster cut her off. It was almost as if Lorelai hadn't even noticed Allison was there, but Allison knew she was there she sat there with a blank face and a tear rolling down her face because in the chair a couple feet away from her was the woman that abandoned her. Lorelai and the headmaster went back and forth in conversation Lorelai defending Rory the whole time. It was all civil till the headmaster got up and asked her to leave and she started getting mad. "My goodness you do love to throw fits in your family." The headmaster said. "What are you talking about?" She asked. "Both of your daughters had an outburst in class today." He said gesturing over to where Allison was. Allison had another tear rolling down her cheek, but she didn't dare move; she didn't want to draw attention to herself. Lorelai looked over at her and realized who she was looking at and without a word walked out of the room. Headmaster Charleston followed her, and it was just Max and Allison. "Are you okay?" Max asked. "No." She responded quietly. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, "not now." She spoke. "Their supposed to be at my house tonight" she said. "So, you'll be at the coffee shop?" Max asked "yeah." She responded.

Allison walked into the Gilmore house and was met by her grandparents. "How was school?" Her grandfather asked. "Terrible. I don't want to talk about it." Allison responded. "Well, what was wrong?" Emily asked. "Nothing I'm sure you'll find out by tomorrow anyway. I'm going to the coffee shop and studying. I'll be back later." Allison said and walked out.

Allison walked into the coffee shop and looked around. Her head stopped when she saw Max at a table with two cups. She walked over to him, and he handed her a cup. "You didn't have to get me anything, I could have gotten it myself." She spoke. "Well, I wanted to." He spoke. She sat down and Max immediately asked, "what happened today?" He asked. "She wouldn't shut up and I was so ready for that test and- No why were you crying while we were in the headmaster's office." Max interrupted. Allison was silent for a moment. "That was the first time I have been in the same room as my mother since she left. She didn't even talk to me, she just walked out. It's like she doesn't even care." Allison said tears were running down her face. "I'm sorry." Max said, "I'm sure she cares."

"So, what's my extra credit?" She asked changing the subject. "There's going to be a lot. A couple papers and more but I'll tell you what later." Max said. "Sounds good," she said. For the rest of the night Allison studied and Max graded papers the two occasionally conversing but all that was going through ally's mind was how nice it was to finally have something to get away from everything else.

A/N

Hi!!! Third part done. I'm writing these on google docs then putting them on Wattpad so sorry if it's bad and there's spelling errors and stuff. Anyways I hope you guys like it! Vote, and comment tell me how you feel. Also, you should follow to get notified anytime I update or put out a new book!