27

Sensei's eyes opened again. He was in a room with huge windows that let in the light that the night provided. His mind was clouded. He was absorbed in his thoughts until he realized that, on that side, the student who had accompanied him on much of his most recent journey, was sleeping holding his hand. He released her to stroke her hair. Nodoka's face reflected complacency. Next to Nodoka stood, Azusa hugging her Skull Man stuffed animal. She tried to get comfortable. A pain on his right side that ran from the tip of his hand to his shoulder afflicted him. He saw the arm and found that he had it in a cast and was being held by Hina's hand. Paying more attention to the room, he saw that Hifumi, Kayoko, Karin, Asuna and Hare were on the seats and floor sleeping. He felt a great relief in his chest. He didn't want to disturb them so he had to hold back the urge to find out if the mission had been worth it. He tried to sleep a while longer, but his ramblings kept him busy until the sun came up. At dawn, Nodoka noticed that Sensei was already awake.

''Sensei, why the dark circles under your eyes? You were supposed to be sleeping.''

''I think it's habit,'' He said laughing.

Azusa and Hina also woke up and soon after the other girls. They all expressed how happy they were that he was okay. They helped him sit up. Kayoko and Hifumi went to get the nurses from the hospital. Karin and Asuna went to get him something to eat and the others stayed talking to him. As was natural, Sensei asked. If the mission had been successful. They replied that they knew nothing yet. They had arrived during the night and had taken him to the hospital from the emergency room. He asked Hina and Azusa if they and Asuna were well. They were fine they just needed some rest which they got while riding in the car. A ruckus was heard coming from the hallway. With a kick, the door was opened. It was Mine, Serina and Hanae with her chainsaw.

''We came to see Sensei!''

''Leave him in our hands and he'll be fine soon!''

Hina scolded them saying they shouldn't yell in a hospital and had Hanae thrown out.

''Sensei!'' Haruna shouted coming through the door, "Eating will do you good, that's why we brought Fuuka to you.''

Being dragged along the floor and tied by a rope, Junko and Izumi brought the lunch club's favorite member. She looked like a caterpillar.

''You didn't have to tie me up,'' Fuuka said with a tear in one of her eyes, "If you had explained to me that it was about Sensei, I would have come by myself.''

''There was no time for explanations,'' Akari told her.

''Sensei!'' Said the girls from the Gaming Development Department poking their heads out.

Arisu and Momoi tried to jump on Sensei, but Yuuka caught them before they could.

''I'm sorry, Sensei. I can't take my eyes off them for a moment.''

''I understand.''

More students and clubs were arriving in the already small room.

''They all came to see you, Sensei.'' Nodoka said.

Karin and Asuna returned not only with food, but with Neru and Akane as well. The two assault maids were ready to feed Sensei. A fight to see who would feed him began. The girls from the Gourmet Research Society objected to feeding Sensei something without them having tasted it first. Neru didn't like Haruna's words. It would go down in Kivotos history that a diplomatic conflict started in a Millennium hospital room over Sensei's food if something was not done. The girls were ready to start a war between the two schools until Hina and Yuuka put them on a stand-still. Arisu had climbed into bed asking Sensei to tell her about his adventure. Momoi said they were going to make a video game out of it. Midori was scolding her telling them to lower their voices and Arisu to get off the bed. Yuzu had crawled under the bed. The Foreclosure Task Force made an appearance.

Nonomi entered along with Shiroko who was carrying Hoshino like a suitcase. Serika came in scolding and Ayane apologizing. The S.C.H.A.L.E. representative thought that if someone asked him to describe his life, what was happening right in front of him, the scandalous scene, would be a perfect description.

The president of the Millennium Hospital Club appeared with flames in her eyes and ordered all the girls out of the room. They all came out. Some put up a fight, but relented after the Sensei asked them as a favor. He promised all the clubs a moment if they would listen. The only ones who did not come out, at Sensei's request, were Yuuka, Nodoka and Hina. The room was quiet again.

''With all of them here, it didn't seem like the room was that big,'' He said to the girls who remained.

''Sensei is too popular.''

''I don't know what to say...''

''It's his fault for acceding to their every whim.''

''I guess so... By the way, Hina, seriously, are you okay? Android 3 gave you...''

''It hurts a little, but...'' Said the prefect team president lifting her blouse a little, ''I'll be fine.''

Nodoka was on top of sensei covering her eyes energetically.

''I'm glad to hear it. I'm so glad that all of you are fine... I don't know... I don't know what I would have done if something happened to you because of my negligence...''

''Negligence? From what I heard from Karin the mission's aftermath was not your fault,'' Yuuka said.

''Sensei was as careful as he could be and all his decisions were right,'' Hina added.

She saw his right arm and took him by the hand.

''Rather, because of me...''

''Don't worry about my arm,'' he already knew what she was going to tell him, ''I would be willing to give both limbs and even my own life for any of my students.''

''But...''

''Rio- senpai told me that all mission objectives were achieved. All thanks to your efforts. You shouldn't be thinking about anything else,'' said Yuuka.''

''The mission objectives... That means...''

''The girls have started to show improvement on their health.'' Said the Millenium student council member.

''It was all worth it.''

''I should go see them.''

''You will, but rest for now.''

''That's right. That way when you're feeling better...''

The door was kicked open, again. Soldiers from Red Winter Federal Academy suddenly walked in.

''There she is!'' They shouted.

The Spec Ops No.227 member turned pale at the sight of Marina.

''Take her away''

''H-h-hold for...''

''No, sensei, no! Don't let them take me away! No! Help, please, help! Nooooo...!''

The soldiers grabbed Nodoka and dragged her out.

''Sensei, sorry for the intrusion," said Marina, "We were supposed to be back with her by now. I hope you get better.''

Bowing, Marina came out saying that she hoped Cherino would not purge her too. The sensei couldn't say anything to stop Nodoka from being taken away.

''I have to go to Red Winter to make sure everything is all right.''

''When you get better''

''Yes, when I get better.''