24

One of the laptop screens was being filled with information about what was in the capsules and about the A.I. known as M.O.T.H.E.R.

''Sensei, we can't let it get to the capsules!''

''What?''

''We can't let it get to the capsules!'' Hare's loud statement took the girls by surprise.

The Hacker's fingers ran across the virtual keyboard. A struggle in the computer network there raged. Hare was trying to undo the path M.O.T.H.E.R. was creating to the capsules. Sweat began to run down the white-haired girl's forehead when she saw that her laptop's operating system was being rewritten with an unknown language.

''It's impossible... I can't do it alone...'' She paused for a second, ''Sensei! Do you still have the drones I gave you?''

''This is the only one that survived.''

''Touch that button and connect the cable from there to that port on the machine,'' Sensei did as he was asked. Athena-3, block the invader's advance! The only option I have is... Damn it! Destroy the capsules!''

Karin was raising her rifle when, releasing mist, one of the capsules opened. Yellow eyes glowed. Karin fired. The sinister gaze disappeared before the capsule exploded.

''Over there!'' Azusa shouted, firing.

The mist was spreading. Another capsule opened. Whatever was in the white smoke moved fast until it reached Hare and Sensei. That which appeared to be Karin's height became three times as tall. Holding it so close they could see a robot that mimicked the shape of an out-of-this-world creature. Cheetah-like legs, long thick arms ending in three pointed pincers, a huge tail with a sharp pyramid at the end and an elongated head. On its back, it carried a pair of miniguns that were deployed aiming at Sensei and his student. A hail of purple bullets pushed the mecha-morph away and cleared some of the haze.

''Are you all right?!''

The machine spun towards Hina and as it analyzed her, it was hit by more bullets coming from the disciplinary committee chairwoman's gun. The mecha-morph, it was tough, used its machine guns as the pyramid on the tail opened up. Hina stepped aside in time. Supported by Asuna and Azusa they went for the counterattack.

''Get away from its tail!''

The extended tail went for them. A yellow light shone between the three steel stakes the pyramid had been divided into. It tried to stick at Azusa, but she, with her rifle, pushed it away and move away.

''Those androids were created to do more than their mother's job! They can steal your halos almost on contact! They are the natural enemies of the female citizens of Kivotos!'' Shouted Sensei in despair.

As he looked up, an android with Hifumi's height, eagle-like limbs, a woman's body and a beak-like mask on its face was flying towards sensei and Hare. A shot from Karin's Anti-Tank Rifle prevented it from reaching them. It flew away and landed on one of the hanging lamps, letting out a screech that drilled into everyone's ears. With no time to take a breath, the mecha-morph and the harpy went on the attack against the eight students. Sensei covered Hare and Karin covered Sensei.

''Sensei, what are your orders? What do we do?''

Explosions, noise, screams, destruction, smoke, lives, Sensei's mind was spinning. The two androids they were facing were rather fast walking artilleries that didn't give them time to reorganize.

''Escape...?''

''What did...you say?''

He looked at Hare. She was still concentrating on her work of reversing the energy.