14

It was time to leave. The next stop for Sensei and Nodoka was Gehenna, however, plans changed. Yuuka-chan would not accompany him to the station due to other commitments, but before leaving she asked him for a moment. She didn't want to force him to tell her what was going on. Both Rio and he had been acting strangely not to mention Koyuki's sudden hidden message. She told him that he could count on her for anything, other than that, she asked him if he knew about Suzumi.

The S.C.H.A.L.E. representative was walking briskly through the corridors of the Remedial Knights' medical facility. Nodoka was going as fast as she could a few feet behind him. She kept asking him to wait for her; he wouldn't listen to her. He reached the room he was looking for. He put his hand on the doorknob; Mine's hand stopped him from opening.

''I'm sorry. I can't let you in, just like that. I'll order the personal protective equipment to be brought to you. For now, if you want to see her, you can do so through this window.''

Inside the room was the well-known member of the Trinity Vigilante Crew. Susumi's appearance was quite bad, very faded. The girl was very thin, despite her fair skin, it was noticeable that she was pale and under her eyes very dark circles. The glow of her halo was faint and unstable.

''How long has she been like this?'' Asked Sensei who did not believe his eyes.

''He arrived yesterday afternoon.''

''YESTERDAY?!''

''Don't raise your voice so much, and yes...''

''You are the president of the Remedial Knights. I guess you know what's been going on with the gangsters and the students who confront them in Kivotos.''

''I am aware. She has the same symptom as them. A fever of over 40 degrees with a shivering sensation, insomnia and an unknown infection. The other students with those symptoms took a while to reach that state, but she... She was already in pretty bad shape when she arrived...''

''This goes from bad to worse...''

The protective clothing arrived. Sensei put it on right away and went inside. He sat down next to Suzumi.

''How do you feel?''

''Who is it? Sensei?''

''Yes, it's me...''

''I'm sorry... I can't see well...''

''Don't worry about it. If you prefer, keep your eyes closed. Don't strain your eyes.''

''Why are you here?''

''Why? Why wouldn't I be? One of my students, and my favorite escort, is very sick.''

''Sensei... A tear slipped from Suzumi's eyes... I'm afraid... ''

A lump formed in sensei's throat. He could not find the words to comfort her. An old memory came to his mind. It was fuzzy, but he remembered the comfort it created in his chest. Sensei took Suzumi's hand and with his thumb stroked it. With what little strength she had, Suzumi held him as tightly as she could.

''I promise you we'll go for a walk again... When you're better, we'll go for a long walk.''

A faint smile formed on her face.

Sensei had taken off the garment he had borrowed to see his student. He had just wiped his eyes with his forearm. He waited sitting down for Mine who had borrowed Nodoka to help him carry some things. As soon as they returned, he told Mine to contact Yakushi Saya of Shanhaijin to work on an antibiotic as quickly as possible. Finishing the sentence, Sensei left with Nodoka. He was in a hurry. He didn't even say goodbye. Red Winter's student was telling Sensei to wait for her as she was short-legged; he didn't pay attention to her. He didn't look like he used to. He walked taciturnly. Nodoka, after calling him several times,asked him who was the girl he had gone to see so urgently. He answered that she was one of the first four students he met and worked with. She used to escorth im wherever he went when he had free time, but his job as a club advisor kept him away from her as time went on until the only interaction between them was the occasional Momotalk message. Taking a couple of seconds, he saw Nodoka worried about him. He gently pinched one of her cheeks and told her that he would befine, that everything would be fine. There were few questions left and they would probably be answered at Gehenna.