11

In front of a mirror, the S.C.H.A.L.E. representative was adjusting a black tie. He looked at himself thoughtfully. Nodoka came out of the dressing room and asked Sensei how she looked. The Red Winter student was also wearing a black suit with a tie.

''Sensei, Sensei, how do I look... Sensei?''

''Ah, sorry... I was distracted... Do you need anything?''

''Is there something bothering you?''

''No... I just thought that with this outfit... I look like someone I don't like.''

''Ah... I don't know who you're talking about, but I think you look great.''

''I know,'' Sensei told him smiling. ''You look great too.''

''Right!'' She twirled for him, ''Can we take a picture?''

''Sure.''

''And what are we dressing for?''

He handed her some black gloves which they put on.

''We're in the black market,'' They put on black glasses, ''I want to do this with style.''

Yowami had told her about what had happened the day she started feeling sick. She had been in two places at the black market and East Hyakkiyako. Her gang had not only had a heavy day facing their eastern rivals but also clashed with the Gehenna thugs and the forces of the disciplinary committee under the command of the purple-crowned Queen, Hina. Sensei asked her what she was doing in the black market. She replied that only there, her friends and she, could get perorodzilla-sized chocolate milkshakes. The counselor thought that she and Hifumi would get along very well. On the other hand, the Gehenna Gang had another matter. Yowami kept telling him that she was injured in both fights and that same night she started to feel less energetic. To clear doubts, Sensei asked her what else she did that day. Nothing she said was out of the ordinary... for her. She really loved the adrenaline. All that had happened a couple of days after the disaster with the Eden Treaty. Even back then, there was a rumor going around among the gangs about a disease that robbed them of their strength. Sensei and Nodoka went to the area where the shooting took place. The exchange of bullets had occurred in a three-block circumference. It lasted almost 20 minutes until the black market security arrived to bring order. Sensei used Nodoka's skill to search the area in detail. Thanks to that they were able to find a couple of interesting things. They visited a few shops verifying what Yowami had told them. Now, it remained to be clarified what was the role of the thugs and Gehenna disciplinary committee there. The thugs could have a similar reason as the Tengu. However, the disciplinary committee had no business there. Especially, when they had the consequences of the treaty on their backs. The only reasons the Prefect Team forces would be there would be because the thugs were doing something they couldn't let go... Sensei commented on his assumptions to Nodoka. She and Sensei gulped down a perorodzilla milkshake. The Red Winter student commented that they might have also gone after her after they had seen something they shouldn't have. Sensei told her that was very mafia novel. They continued their investigation. As expected, some witnesses did not want to talk unless there was an incentive. Some asked for credit points or pyroxene. Sensei flatly refused to share his pyroxene.

''Yuuka will kill me when she sees the statement.''

''Don't worry, Sensei. I'll help you recover credit.''

''You're very kind, but there's no need. The important thing is that we now know that the Gehenna girls were there for a heist job. The disciplinary committee's intervention was to prevent it... Although there are others who say the thugs were there to guard rather than to rob...''

''Why would the disciplinary committee be interested in preventing a black market heist?''

''I guess I'll have to talk to Hina to find out what happened...''

Nodoka and Sensei wandered the streets and alleys of the black market some more in hopes of shedding some more light on the matter; no one gave them any new information, but they did find someone.

''Utaha?''

The girl turned to look for a moment and kept walking. Sensei called her back. The girl began to walk faster. He went after her. The engineering club president turned with her gun and pointed it at him.

''Wh-whoa, whoa... Be careful with that.''

''Who is it? What do you want?''

''Utaha... It's me,'' He took off his glasses and brushed his hair back.

''Sensei? Are you okay? What are you doing here?''

''That's what I should be asking.''

''Well... I came to buy some tools and parts that you can only get here. Don't look at me like that! It's true what I say!''

''I shouldn't be surprised that you have to resort to the black market knowing the kind of things Hibiki makes up. Ah! Do you think you can do me a favor?''

''Sure. —What do you need?''

He asked Nodoka to pass on what they had found.

''Bullets? What do you want me to do with them?''

''Analyze them and tell me everything you can find out about them and be careful with them. They could be contaminated with something dangerous. I'll go to Millennium as soon as I'm free.''

''Sensei, can I ask you what you're doing?''

''It's classified,'' he put his glasses back on and fixed his hair.

''Whatever you're doing, can't you do it without looking so... how shall I say... ridiculo...? No, no, don't mind me.''

Utaha, Nodoka and Arona were trying to make Sensei, who was squatting down hiding his face, feel better.