7

It was already nighttime. In Hyakkiyako Township, Nodoka was asking sensei if he was sure it was a good idea, as she didn't imagine he would ask her to do that when he asked her to go with him. He told her not to worry and to relax. Sensei put the mask on her. ''Here we go.'' Five minutes later, Nodoka and Sensei were running for their lives. The tengu mask gang was chasing them.

''Run, Nodoka run!'' He said pulling her by the hand.

''Sensei, it's very hard to run with these things.''

''Then, we'll have to fight.''

''Sensei, my specialty isn't figt...''

The young Red Winter student stumbled. The tengu attack leader said fire. The only one they occupied intact was the educator. Sensei turned back to cover Nodoka, but the girls had already pulled the trigger. They closed their eyes. A shadow passed by them.

Gunshots could be heard, but none of the bullets were reaching them. As he turned around, he saw that someone was protecting them with a shield. The shooting stopped a little.

''Cover me.''

The girl protecting them went on the attack. She moved like a gazelle in the midst of the enemy. With the shield she hit and disarmed and with the hand machine gun she incapacitated them.

''Are you all right?''

''Kaede? So... The one over there is...''

''Tsubaki-senpai.''

''That way of moving can only be...''

''It's thanks to Mimori-senpai's ExSkill.''

The Onee-san of the Inner Displine Club lent support from the rear.

''We can't let the Sensei get away from us! Heavy artillery!''

There were a couple of explosions. Smoke clouded the view in the already dark alley. Kaede was shouting Tsubaki's name and Mimori was waiting for her to answer.

''Nodoka, we have to help.''

Sensei pulled out the Shittim Chest. He could see the location of the girls and the enemies. Sensei informed Kaede that they were okay. Tsubaki was paralyzed and Mimori could not see well. The club advisor sent Nodoka to activate her ExSkill. The vision of the three inner club girls cleared up. It was as if they could see everything in the smallest detail.

''The enemy reinforcements are approaching. Mimori, continue to cover. Nodoka, help her. Kaede, go and assist Tsubaki to remove the paralysis.''

The orders were executed instantly. Before the tengu finished loading the projectiles, Tsubaki returned to the attack. The thugs began to fall one by one. The smoke screen was still in force on the battlefield. The leader of the enemy attack ordered the firing of the shells. She received no response.

She only heard how bodies fell to the ground. Scared out of her wits, she ordered a retreat. The smoke cleared. The club girls and Nodoka went to see Sensei to make sure they were all right. He was safe and sound.

In the inner discipline club dojo, for some reason, Kaede was teaching Nodoka how to play mushiqueen, meanwhile, Tsubaki and Mimori were drinking tea together with Sensei. They expressed to him how relaxing it was to know that he was well. He thanked them for the feeling of concern and help. He explained that he was trying to infiltrate Nodoka to the Tengu Gang. He hadn't expected things to get out of hand so quickly, as well as the issue of his supposed disappearance. He had tried to get the word out that she was okay, but the rumors persisted. He wondered aloud what they meant by ''the only one they needed intact was Sensei''. Tsubaki said that hurting Sensei could get them in trouble with many people. Sensei laughed a little and said that he was not such an important person. Mimori suggested that he ask Niya for help to get rid of the rumor, even if it was in Hyakkiyako.

''Niya, Niya, Niya, Niya... Not that I haven't thought about it...''

''That's cheating!'' Nodoka shouted.

''Y-you're accusing your teacher of cheating.''

''You're pulling cards out from behind you while I'm reading what mine say.''

''That's not true!''

''If it's true, I can see it with my ExSkill.''

''Ah! You're cheating! No wonder you have the advantage.''

''I'm not. You're the one cheating.''

''No, you!

''No, you... What's that? Who's there?''

''Is something wrong, Nodoka?''

''There's something in the yard...''

''Maybe it's a rabbit.'' Said Kaede.

''Maybe... It's among the bushes... Hey, you're cheating again.''

The girls playing with the cards continued to argue. Tsubaki and Mimori would soon go out to continue the guard duty. Sensei asked for permission to go to the bathroom. The thought of going to see Niya was running through his mind. He knew she could solve his problem, but... Her methods tended to be more complicated than necessary... Because she always tried to do it in whatever way she could get the most fun out of it. She pulled the toilet lever and stepped out. Outside the bathroom, a small girl in a tengu mask was waiting for her. She was beckoning her to be quiet. She was armed. She showed him a sheet that said, ''Come with me.'' Sensei nodded. They both left the dojo without the other girls noticing.