Chapter 10

Jungkook was quick to reach his home. He wanted to see Zoe who said she's gonna stay home from school today. When he knocked on the door, Zoe's little voice came, "who's there?"

Kook and his father made sure to teach her to ask who's outside before opening the door. They were ever so careful when it comes to their precious little one.

Kook:"It's me kookie"

Zoe soon opened the door and threw herself at Kook and hugged him tightly.. "God! I was scared. Did you hear all the howls!"

Kook:"Don't be scared. You are safe here. Did dad called?" he asked now holding her shoulders.

Zoe:"Yeah. A few minutes ago. He said some 5 or 6 betas attacked three of our pack memebers who were on patrol asking for a rogue that dad caught some days ago"

Mentioning of the rogue made Kook remember about the warning Suga gave or... is he the mastermind behind all of this..? he couldn't say. Betas are second in position after the alphas in a pack and if 5 or 6 betas came looking for a rogue.. then that one must be something more than just a rogue. He need to get to his dad and make sure of his safety.

Kook:"okay.. listen. I am gonna go see dad. You stay here. Lock the door."

Zoe nodded at her brother who's instructions were ever the same whenever there's a threat.

Kook:"I will check on you every hour" he said going out the door "and keep your phone with you at all times" he added before closing it.

Zoe stood there staring at the closed door. She shook her head with a sigh, eyes glossy.. holding the unspilled tears.

Unlike Taehyung, Zoe knows why Kook became like this. All panicky and shaken whenever there is a threat.

When their mother died, Zoe was very small. She couldn't even process what's happening. And the impact of what happened was less on her comparing to Jungkook who was 12 at the time.

Their father was completely broken and shut himself off and not even sparing a glance at them for days. Jungkook was the one who took care of her while bearing all the pain of his mom's death. It was too much burden for a little boy and he barely managed it. He didn't even have time to mourn his mother.

It was only years after when their dad slowly got out of his misery, that Jungkook had a breather. But the pain he felt, moulded him into a different person. He never let his dad go to hunts without him. He became over protective of his sister, calling her more than necessary.

He was scared of the pain. Scared of losing someone again. He never want to feel that kind of pain ever again in his life.. for that.. he'd even be willing to die before his dad and sister however selfish that sounded.

Zoe took a step to go to her room but suddenly stopped herself.. "wait.. why did he smell.. different?" Her eyes widened at some kind of realisation.

Jungkook ran into the woods towards where their cabin is. Zoe said their dad called a few minutes ago.. that means whatever the problem is, it got settled.. atleast for the time being. And Jungkook didn't hear any howls too, so he didn't feel the need to change into his wolf.

When he neared the cabin, he saw some of his pack members gathered outside the house. As he went near them, he saw confusion flash in their eyes. He was puzzled as to why his fellow pack members were reacting like this. He nodded to greet one of them. His name was Aiden. He goes to school with him. Kook was close to him compared to other members but not as close as Jin and Hobi. Aiden came back to his senses from the breif confusion and nodded back to greet.