Chapter 8

To say Kim Taehyung is a bit cocky is an understatement. He is so confident and very sure of his abilities that sometimes it annoys other people how cool he is. He doesn't need validation from anyone else. Though he was too lazy to make more friends, he was always light hearted and happy-go-lucky when it comes to his already existing friends. And when it comes to other matters, he is indifferent. A 'no care' attitude kind of guy. If his father asks him to hunt rogues, he will hunt without questions. If his packs in danger, he will eliminate the threat. It was all so simple. Movies, Games, school, drinks and hunts are all he ever knew. His life was always very simple. Until.... yesterday.

Tae came downstairs with bulgy eyes, result of being sleepless the night before. His hair was a mess which got hand-combed by his mom when he leaned on the kitchen counter.

Kat:"you look restless.. when did you come home last night? I didn't hear you coming." She said from across the counter.

Tae:"Through the window mom. BTW Where's dad?"

Kat handed him a glass of freshly made strawberry juice, "He got a call from the Jeon pack early morning.. asking him to come to their cabin house to discuss something" she said while pouring herself some juice.

Tae stiffened at the mention of his mate's pack. His heart rate started increasing... it's like a fluttery nervous feeling that he was unused to until yesterday. "Did he say why?" he asked conceling his emotions to his mother.

Kat:"He said something about a red wolf. A rogue. I don't know.. your father didn't say much. Answer my question first Tae, when did you come home last night?"

Tae:"Mom, I came home around 9. I didn't wanna disturb you that's why i came through the window"

Kat:"okay. Now don't be late. Cherish your last days of schooling" she said with a smile before walking towards their bedroom "and grab an apple" she closed her door.

Sometimes she is like this.. acting all moody. But most of the time she is as bright as a morning sun. So Tae doesn't have anything to complain about. Everyone have their own ups and downs.

He grabbed an apple and made his way to his room to take a bath. And soon after he was in his car waiting outside Jimin's house. He already gave an honk indicating his arrival as usual. Soon enough Jimin came running and was waving back at his mother who was standing outside the door to send them off to school. As soon as the car started moving, Tae asked "Don't you think you are a bit too old for waving goodbyes?"

Jimin:"she will be sad if I didn't. It's a little gesture, won't hurt anyone"

Tae:"yep. Did your dad went to the meeting too?"

Jimin:"Yeah. He said the Jeon pack caught a red wolf who was blabbering some nonsense and they need help with the investigation"

Tae:"That's what my dad told too"

Jimin:"Hey... I want to ask you something..." he pursed his lips.

Tae glanced at Jimin, then at the road and again at Jimin before finally settling his eyes on the road, "Is this about him?" he guessed.

Jimin sighed, "yes"

Tae:"what?"

Jimin:"Did you tell anyone about him?" he asked with caution. He knew not to rush when it comes to this topic.

Tae:"No. Not yet" he clenched his jaw. It was very hard for him to talk about Jungkook without diving deep into the thoughts of Kook's scent, how.... his wolf felt under his palm.

Jimin:"what're you gonna do? You guys didn't mate. But neither did you two reject eachother. I don't understand what you are planning to do?"

Tae:"Reject? Why would I? How can you even say such a word?" he was getting irritated.

Jimin:"He has a fucking girlfriend. What do you want me to say? It doesn't look like he told anyone about you too"

The word girlfriend was like pouring a cold water on his head. He stopped talking. How did I forget about the girlfriend? All the images of Jungkook with his girlfriend started playing in his mind. He saw them holding hands a couple of times on the school hall and never cared to give attention for more. Suddenly it was all he could think about. What else happened between them? He could feel some kind of hostility forming in his mind towards that girl.

Jimin:"I think you should talk with him as soon as possible. The more you delay, the more it complicates things"

Tae was silent. Jimin couldn't even say whether Tae was listening to him or not. But as a good friend, he needs to explain things to him.

Jimin:"Tae... do you.. do you accept him?"

Tae pressed on the brakes and thank god they're on a empty abandoned street. He turned to look at Jimin with a look of shock. He then started murmuring something which jimin can't make any sense of but he patiently waited. Finally Tae looked up at Jimin with a furrowed brows, "He will be mine. And mine alone." he said in a steady, low pitched voice.

For a second, Jimin was baffled by the determination coming from Tae. He has never seen him being so serious about anything at all. But other things cannot compare to mate bonds. Jiming released a long breath, "Good. Now this is... it's a relief! I thought you are gonna reject him because of your fucking pride and die alone in some woods"

Tae:"you wish" he gave him a smirk.

Jimin:"It's not my problem that I thought that way. Whenever you talked about finding your mate, you always mention them as a 'she'. So i thought you are not happy with your mate being a boy"

Tae:"Do you think.. him being a boy makes me any less needy for his touch?"

Jimin just shook his head with a smile. The car roared to life once more and they made their way to school.

As they entered the school building, Jimin didn't forget to remind his friend.. "Talk to him. Sort things out soon" before walking towards his locker.

Tae made his way to his locker and took out the required books. But before he closes it, he started feeling a pressure build up from the pit of his stomach. His heart started to beat faster and he knew. He knew Jungkook, his mate is very near. He slowly closed his locker with a gritted teeth and with all the self control he could muster. It was very hard to not run near his mate and just claim what is rightfully his.

When he turned to walk to his class.. he saw his mate walking through the door. Handsome and hot was not enough to describe Jungkook. He was magnificent. And Tae's body lost all control as he stood still and couldn't move his eyes away from Kook.

Jungkook's heart was beating out of his chest when he entered the school door. He expected this. He knew he had to face this. He even trained himself a bit on his 'self-control' yesterday night, not knowing how else to spend his sleepless night.

But all those preparations went to dust once his eyes landed on the beautiful orbs of Kim Taehyung. His steps stopped abruptly as he fights his urge to throw himself at his mate. 'Ah... this is harder than I thought' he grimaced in his mind.

Tae was startled for a second hearing another voice rather than his own in his mind but soon realised it's his mate. Their mind linked.

'We need to talk' Tae turned around and walked towards the back exit.