Chapter 4

Though his mind was a mess, he didn't forget to pick up his sister Zoe before getting back to home. He went straight to bed and didn't bother to listen to his sister "It's your birthday in a few hours. Don't be so gloomy" her voice was a mixture of worry and exhaustion.

Jungkook went straight to bed. He couldn't able to block the face that keeps on popping up in his head. It's not like it's his first time seeing Taehyung. Then why... why today it felt totally different? He twisted and turned hoping that sleep will save him.. but no. His mind kept wandering to that street where he saw him today and he suddenly felt a huge urge to go see that face once again. Suddenly it was very hard to breathe and he sat up gasping for air. "What's happening?" he wondered out loud through the gasps.

He first saw Taehyung when he was 12. He went to Tae's house with his father to ask for Alpha Namjoon's support when they first came to this town. He saw 12 year old Taehyung coming down the stairs with a sleepy head and when Namjoon introduced them to his son, Tae shook Mr.Jeon's hand and gave a little nod towards Jungkook who nodded back. That's it. That was their only interaction in all these years.

It was two years back when Jungkook saw him hunt for the first time. 'Alpha Rogue' they said. The rogue was very strong and killed 5 humans in a week.  And very hard to track. So Namjoon called all the Alphas of the surrounding packs to help kill the rogue and Mr.Jeon had to go. Jungkook went with his dad to make sure of his safe return. When namjoon explained the situation to all the Alphas, Jungkook noticed Tae silently standing at the corner.. listening beside his friend Jimin. And when the Alpha waved the flag, Tae was the first who ran into the woods in an unimaginable speed and a loud roar was heard soon after indicating that Tae has turned into his wolf form while running.

Jungkook turned into a white wolf which was much bigger than the other werewolves and quickly ran into the woods. He wanted to eliminate the rogue. As a True blood, his sense of smell and speed was ten times stronger than the normal werewolves. He sniffed the air while running to try to spot the scent of the rogue but came to a sudden halt at the sight of a big black wolf whose eyes were glowing with crimson red and it's growl so strong.. even jungkook stumbled a bit. A grey wolf was seen on the ground whimpering. Without delay, the black wolf pounced like a shadow. Not a second later it walked slowly towards Jungkook with the grey wolf's head hanging from his mouth. Jungkook was shocked to say the least. His red eyes matched the black wolf's eyes and he knew who it was. Taehyung. Tae just walked past him with the rogue's head followed by the dark brown wolf which Jungkook guessed as Jimin.

Only one word left his mouth after witnessing the scene then 'Ruthless'.

Though they run into eachother often in school halls, it's like they ignored each other. Not even one of them made any move to make friends with the other. But Jungkook has his own reasons though.

As a kid, Jungkook used to pick lot of fights in his old school. His mother's death stole the playfulness in him and replaced it with a mature one. 'Don't pick fights with others. Especially with the Kim's pack members. There won't be anymore place for us in here' his father warned him before sending him to this school. So he stayed away.

So what is pulling him now? He stood and opened his window for some fresh air. Only then his breathing relaxed. He climbed onto his bed to try to sleep again closing his eyes and waited for his mind to turn itself off.

It was much later into the night that Jungkook fell asleep. His phone went off at 12 indicating all the birthday messages that he's receiving. He just muted his phone and went back to sleep.

"Wake up, wake up kookie.." Zoe was excited for her brother's birthday. She stormed into his room and shook him.

Kook:"Get out" he said with a grunt and pulled his covers up to his face.

Zoe pulled it back and said "hobi and jin came. Come on! They are waiting for you downstairs"

Kook opened his eyes at the names. They were their Pack members and Jungkook's best friends. Hobi is one year older than jungkook, Jin 2 years. They studied in the same school as Jungkook. Now Jin went off to college to pursue his bachelor's degree while hobi took a gap year and moved into the city. When they were still in the school, Jungkook was very much pampered by them. But now Kook misses them so much. Hearing their names made him get out of his bed. He quickly made his way downstairs and gave them both big bear hugs.

Jin:"wow kookie, you look so handsome" he said holding Kook by his shoulders glancing him up and down.

Hobi:"Happy Birthday kookie!" He exclaimed happily patting Kook's free shoulder.

Kook:"Thanks hyung. Thanks you so much" Kookie felt so happy that they came. They are two of the fewest of members who didn't leave when the Luna of the pack died 6 years ago. They stuck them together with Jungkook making sure he never felt alone. They were so caring.. Kook always treat them as his own brothers.

Mr.Jeon walked in with a few pack members behind him. When he saw Jin and Hobi, he asked with a smile.. "how have you been boys?"

"Great Alpha","Good Alpha" They both said simultaneously in a serious tone.

"Good. Good. Look there will be many packs coming today" he started looking at Jungkook's messy hair, he shook his head and Continued "we've already prepared everything. Dinner, drinks and all. But I need some help to double check everything"

Jin:"Don't worry Alpha. He is our little brother. We'll make sure today will be best" he replied with a smile.

Mr.Jeon felt a relief when he saw those two boys. Not only were they Jungkook's best friends but they proved themselves to be worthy members of the pack time and time again becoming the trusted members for Alpha Jeon.

"Come on.. I need to tell you guys something" Jungkook grabbed them both and took them to his room.

Jin made himself comfortable on Jungkook's bed while hobi asked "you look worried. Is anyone making trouble?"

"No.. I just.. I just wanted to tell you about..." he stopped himself thinking of how to put it and not sound so stupid "about.. someone. No matter how much I try.. that face.. th..the smile.. " he went off track thinking about Tae. And just stopped himself mid sentence. "Uhhhh... just forget it" he said with a grunt lying down beside jin.

"Whatever's bothering you.. just put it aside for today. It's your 18th birthday. You should start worrying about finding your mate" jin said playfully throwing a pillow in kookie's face.

They talked some more.. catching up with eachother's life. After finishing their lunch, Jin and Hobi went to prepare for the party leaving Jungkook alone. He stood beside his window, looking in the distance.. it's like he was waiting for someone. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't control his mind that was running wild thinking of seeing that person again. He could see the faint half moon in the afternoon sky almost blending with the little white clouds that hovered.

     "Tae.. Tae..!! Hey come on lets go. !" Jimin was shouting at Tae who was looking up at the sky waiting outside the shop. They went on a shopping to pick up a gift for Jungkook. Tae didn't show any interest so Jimin just bought whatever.

From the moment he woke up today, Tae has not been feeling well. His heart racing for no reason and his emotions all mixed up for no reason. It's very alien to him cause usually he's very airy type.

"I'll be ready. Come pick me up at 7" Jimin said while getting off the car.

Tae dropped him off and went to his own house to get ready for the party.

[They are going to meet🥰🥰🥰 ]