Under SIX feet.

Under 6 feet.  Chapter 6.

Mikekell rushed to the ocean the minute he awoke.  He waited there hours hoping Tilfa would show. 

Mikekell grew desperate to see her. 

Just a couple of days were beginning to feel like years.  Mikekell sat by the water watching it sway back and forth trying to figure out if he should some how reach Tilfa.

Ever since his dream Mikekell couldn't take it out of his head. 

He tied his horse to a pole sticking half out the sand.  Mikekell then rushed for the water slowing as the ocean reached his waist.  Mikekell began swimming further having no clue where he was heading, he just continued swimming forward. 

The thunder crashed in the sky, lightning struck at the water but this didn't stop Mikekell from swimming. 

Soon after a few strikes of lightning and waves crashed heavily on Mikekell he although kept swimming to no where. 

He stopped for a moment to look back noticing he was further away than thought to be.

Suddenly without warning a wave came crashing down on Mikekell.  He struggled for air every chance he was given.

The water was too intense for him to swim through so he tried swimming underneath.  Every time Mikekell came up for air he was hit by the huge waves. 

Mikekell started to grow very tired. 

'Maybe I shouldn't have jumped the gun on this move.'  He thought to himself. 

Mikekell began to panic calling out for Tilfa with hopes she would show. 

'She lives in the ocean.'  He thought to himself. 

Mikekell's arms were too heavy now to move.  His mouth filled with salt water from calling out to Tilfa.  

'Could this really be the end of me?'  He continued thinking. 

'Why would she not help me?'  Was the last thing Mikekell thought to himself before completely losing control of his body. 

....

Tilfa was in her room reading her rule book on how to be a proper mermaid. 

She began to hear a loud commotion out her door where the guards usually were.

She got up to see what was going on.  The hall was filled with guards and mermaids who were in a fright. 

Tilfa asked for the door to be opened.  No one came to her call.

"Excuse me guard,  I command you to open this door this very instant."

"Sorry Princess.  We are under attack.  You have to stay in your room until told other wise."  Said the guard.

"What are you talking about?  Under attack, by who?  Where is my father?  Bring me my father now!"  She demanded. 

"I'll see what I can do.  Please be very quiet and don't draw attention to yourself." 

The guard left.  Tilfa swam back and forth in her room wondering what was happening outside. 

.....

At the castle in Skulltin Towers the King Johnkell called for his son but no one was able to find him.  Usually Mikekell lets someone know where he is going but since Mikekell was in a rush he just ran to the ocean to look for Tilfa. 

"Go out and find him and let me know.  Set up a horse for me and my armor."  Johnkell ordered.

"Do you think this is necessary?"  Asked the Kings guard. 

"What do you think?  Get what I want ready now!"  Shouted the King. 

King Johnkell was worried and furious.  All that went wrong he blamed on a certain Tower.  This time he was ready to put the blame on Grasslyn Towers.  He knew that Mikekell was with Megalyn recently.  He didn't like that at all.  King Johnkell waited for his horse and armor in front of his castle. 

His guard came and suited him up with his gold armor.  He also brought him his biggest horse also wearing armor. 

"Let me know if you hear something.  I'll be heading for Grasslyn Towers.  Send someone to me right away if anything is found."  King Johnkell told his guard. 

King Johnkell headed for Grasslyn Towers.  He had a group of men with him who were all armed with swords and shields.  Mikekell's father was crazy enough to do anything even if he didnt know for sure if there was fault. 

....

At the Ocean Towers Tilfa waited for someone to let her out.  What was the point of her being a Princess if she can't be around her Tower to see what is happening.  

Tilfa waited at her door for anyone to pass by.  When someone finally did she called them over.  She asked what was happening.

"I am not sure but I heard a human man came to our Tower and he is not speaking."  A maid told Tilfa.

"He was able to breath under water like us?"  Asked Tilfa.

"No.  He isn't speaking because he is sleeping heavily.  That is all I know.  I'm sorry."  The maid said leaving back to her duties.  

Tilfa was curious to know what this man was doing here and who he was.  She thought maybe this is the key to her being with Mikekell. 

She hoped her Father would not fight. 

Tilfa sat back down and tried to reach her fathers thoughts.  King Morfah refused to let her in in the past but maybe he would understand this time, at least she hoped.