The 7 teenth hour. Chapter17.

Chapter 17.
The 7teenth hour. 

Aquatin went to see what was happening with Princess Megalyn.  When he arrived he saw her swim to the end of the cave.

"How is everything my lady?"  Aquatin asked swimming to her.

"Hi, I been wondering when we would get to speak.  The Princess said the water won't stay this way long.  She wants me to get more time."  Megalyn shrugged her shoulders.
"I don't know how.  The King is going to be very angry if not killing my followers.  I told her I could not.  Princess Tilfa said it is the only way.  What do I do?"  Panicked Megalyn.

"Please calm down.  I won't leave you alone again.  It is time for you to go back.  Just tell King Johnkell we will let his son go soon.  He is fine.  We know he is.  Is that enough?"  Aquatin asked.

"I don't know.  He is tired of waiting and wants him now therefore a chance still exist that he will fight.  However you are correct it is time for me to go.   Will you be safe?" 

"Don't worry about me.  I have alot of Mermaids here sticking up for what we all want, even the Princess.  Are you ready to go?"  Aquatin asked.

Megalyn was hesitate to answer watching Aquatin pick up the breathing device.

"We should keep this for you because it's hard to get one unless you're in the cells.  You never may know when you will need it."  He smiled.

"I am very sorry for getting you into trouble all because I involved you.  What will happen when I leave?"  Asked Megalyn.

"Please don't worry about that now.  I placed myself here plus I could have never came up when you called.  I knew anyone else would have hurt you.  I didn't feel any wrongs therefore I knew you were one to help my kind.  I plan on doing same for you.  We must go."  Aquatin persisted. 

Princess Megalyn swam with Aquatin despite her arms being tired from hours of constant moving.  Aquatin must have known as he held her close racing to reach the surface. 
Megalyn held her breathe to get to the Post and then the surface.  Aquatin tried to get there as fast as he could.  He knew Megalyn needed air when near the Post Megalyn began to pull on his arm.  Aquatin became worried.  She could not make it that far without drowning.   Aquatin went as far as his Post and stopped when he saw a few mermaids passing through.  Megalyn squeezed Aquatin's arms as he looked into her glossy eyes.

"I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to make this happen but we have long way to go.   I should have had you put the device on I just didnt think."  Aquatin calmed Megalyn.

He looked around for any mermaids but none were around.

"Forgive me Megalyn."  He said pulling Princess Megalyn close to give her a kiss. 

Megalyn was able to breath through their pressed lips.  Aquatin picked her up and cradled her in his arms.  He swam still locked with her lips racing to the top of the water while Megalyn held tight to Aquatin.  Her hair wrapped around both their neck and shoulders Megalyn didn't mind and Aquatin let it be. 
She lost track of the minutes or seconds that were passing by as Aquatin saved her life with his yellow lips. 

Finally at the top Megalyn gasped for air as her hair fell drenched to the side while Aquatin still held on to her.  He gazed at her in amazement as she grabbed on to his marked shoulders and scarred arms finally getting her breathe back. 
She smiled at Aquatin giving him thanks.  He smiled back.  Megalyn held the breathing device tighter as if this was going to help with words to use at the moment. 
She didn't ask to be put down so Aquatin didn't. 

"My lady I must go now."  Aquatin said holding her closer to his body. 

Megalyn stopped smiling.