The Midnight meeting. chapter12.

Chapter 12.   Midnight meetings. 

Down in the Ocean Towers Mikekell was back in his cell laying down with the cold salty water piercing his skin. 

The seven with him tried helping him cope with the pain.  They knew the more they helped the better chance the King and guards would have to notice he was being healed. 

Mikekell tried to fight it so he could be strong for whatever plan came to his new friends. 

If Mikekell could talk he would convince them otherwise about keeping him there but this place doesn't let him talk much. 

Seeing Tilfa was very hard for him.  Mikekell missed her salty skin, her smell and her long dark hair. 

Once all this was over he knew he had to open up and make some kind of peace with the Mermaids. 

 On this night Mikekell heard his name being called out.  He let the Ocean water lift his body slowly from the ground. 

He didn't see who it was.  Mikekell continued to slowly look through the debris floating in his view.  Mikekell swam towards the voice that came from a male. 

Mikekell didn't see anyone near.  When the voice stopped a guard came swimming by.  He passed Mikekell and didn't say a word. 

The guard swam back to him. 

"Why are you up?  Oh that is right you can't speak.  Lay down before I make you lay down."  The guard shouted. 

Mikekell did as told.  He waited for the voice to call him again. 

'Maybe I'm hearing things.'  He thought to himself. 

Mikekell fell asleep after minutes of listening to the Ocean water for a voice. 

Tilfa and her father were up planning her marriage.  Tilfa sat feeling very helpless.  Her father ignored her feelings. 

King Morfah wanted this wedding to happen.  So any  feeling she had or this human had would cease.  He knew that Mikekell had feelings for a mermaid and his mind was telling him it was for Tilfa his daughter. 

Tilfa listened to no one as they spoke.  She just smiled and nodded. 

The nurses collected her fathers choices for her dresses and guests. 

Tilfa dazed into her own world.  What could she do to end this?  She had to tell the truth and give up her crown or even her life.  To her it was better than marrying a Mermaid she did not love.  That was impure.  She could not do that to her self or her Kingdom. 

This night was the longest night she ever had.  Her father seemed to want to plan all in one meeting as if she was getting married the next morning. 

With her father that was not a long shot.

Finally when her father King Morfah was done Tilfa went to her room and laid on her Bed shell.  She felt like a prisoner. 

Tilfa began to cry.  She missed Mikekell so much.  He was so close to her but she couldn't touch him or see him.  She wanted badly for all this to end.  She could not lay here and wait for her life to be ruined.  Tilfa decided in the moment of heart ache that she would tell her father soon enough. 

She ordered the guards she trusted most to be brought to her room to guard for the rest of the week.  The guards that were at their post pleaded to stay. 

TIlfa told them it was fine that she just wanted them to rest for the week so they could be at her wedding to protect her.  They agreed and left to their rooms.  (Also in the Kingdom.)