Drenching and sanding. The fourth chapter.

Drenching and sanding.   Chapter 4

Mikekell's night wasn't as pleasing as it usually is after a well given bath.  He kept pondering over his lady friend, Megalyn.  Was it the never before seen horse or her? 

He chose the horse.

Would he really see Megalyn again?

Should it be forbidden?

His father would want him to also Mikekell told Megalyn he would and he's interested to see the Towers.

Deep in his thoughts he realized the time had past quickly.  He planned to see Tilfa today before it became dark.

He grabbed his black hood and went riding towards the sand.  Even late he knew Tilfa would wait for him. 

The sun was setting and he wasnt even at the ocean yet.  He continued faster hoping to reach his true love before the sun laid under the water.

...

Tilfa splashed her tail catching the water with her hair while waiting for her tardy true love.

Tilfa knew that soon they would have to find a way of being together in open.  This could not continue long.

The other night her father had guards follow her.  She had to promise them a few days off with pay.  They took it and agreed to not follow her but that wouldn't work again.  The guards could get killed for doing something like that.

Finally Mikekell's presence had shown.  He ran in the water kissing her for a long while.

"What happened?  Did your father keep you away?" Tilfa asked.

"I -Yes.  He did."  Mikekell said lieing through his teeth.

He wondered why he lied about that.

'Well it is too late to take it back.'  He thought.

"I have been thinking.  I think we should come clean and just be together."  Tilfa said.

"We cant do that.  I would like to but what will everyone do?  I know, they will kill us.  We need to wait, wait as long as it takes."

"I cant do that.  It's getting harder for me to see you.  Father knows something is not right.  I would wait forever for us.  I just don't think its going to be possible for me to get away.  Father has many guards watching me now."  Explained Tilfa.

"It's hard for me too.  Let's just wait a bit longer.  Do you trust anyone at home?" Mikekell asked her.

Tilfa thought for a while. 

"Maybe a few guards."   She told him. 

She didn't understand why that would help them out at all.

"Soon we will have to tell someone.  That way they can help us see each other.  If you tell the wrong person we can be over in a blink of an eye.  I will fix this.  Just wait a bit longer."  Mikekell told her.

"You promise me you will fix this?  Make it right?"

Mikekell promised, once again lying.  He knew he didn't have any idea how to fix the hate between the Ocean Towers and Skulltin Towers.

Tilfa didn't realize how strong the hate was on his side.  He tried telling her a few times but she just didn't understand it was worse than his words could explain.  He knew the Ocean Towers hated them.  Mainly because how his father King Johnkell had treated all the Towers that were not purely human.

"The sun is gone.  I cant be out long after the sun as gone down.  Please tell me when will we see each other again?" Tilfa asked.

"When can you get away again?"

"I don't know.  Not soon.  I can show myself and hope you're here but how will you know?"  She asked holding his hands.

"My heart will let me know.  I just have to listen harder from now on."  He replied.

"Once we meet again I will let you know when we will see each other for sure. Please be around.  I will show up as much as I can.

I'm sorry.  This must not please you.  It's

the best I can do for now.  I love you my love."

That night Tilfa laid in her bed.  All the Kings had their daughters lay in a shell. The most softest bedding there was in the Ocean floor.

Tilfa held her pearl, something used to help her think.

Her body was telling her something wasn't right.  She felt something was going wrong.

The Ocean Towers were known for many special abilities.  One was knowledge.  Most of the female mermaids had abilities. Tilfa had every ability that was known to be the hardest to find.

One reason why her father King Morfah was very protective of her.

Some thought that maybe there was something in her blood, skin even hair that they can take making their own mermaid.  Others thought they could give them selves these abilities.

Tilfa didn't worry about that.  She never felt in danger by her own kind.  This day however bothered her.

She decided to let it go till the next day.

Tilfa went to go show her father that she was around.  The more time she spent near him maybe he will stop wondering what she is doing.

"What is on your mind?"  King Morfah asked her.

Sometimes Tilfa forgets that her father also has abilities.  One that can sense pain, sorrow even distress.  She cleared her thoughts and sat next to her father on her throne.

"I'm fine father.  Nothing to worry about.  I'm here because I was feeling very lonely but all is well.  What may we do?" She asked.

He silently watched his daughter.  He signaled over a guard and whispered to him. 

The guard went off.

"Secrets father?  Unlike you.  What do you have hiding?"  She asked him.

"No secrets.  Just surprises.  You said you were lonely.  I cant let that happen to my daughter.  I must fix it right away."

The guard came back a few minutes later and whispered back to the King. Tilfa was getting worried.  Maybe she shouldn't have said she was lonely.

"Please send them in!"  Her father announced.

In came a group of mermaids.  They were performing for her.  Tilfas heart stopped beating so quickly as she smiled at her father.

Her eyes were on the performers but her mind was else where.

King Morfah was still feeling that his daughter wasn't her self.  He knew what he would do. 

He already chose to add more guards.  This time by Tilfas room keeping her safe as she slept.