[1.08] chip shop

Michelle, James and Chip walked together to the Chip shop on a rather cold evening after finding out about a Paris trip with school that following morning. Chip didn't even think about going on the trip, knowing she would not be allowed due to her mental state but the others were greatly keen on the idea. They chatted the entire way after Chip had met the two cousins, having deliberately taken a longer path in order to run into the both of them.

But suddenly, just metres away from the Chip shop, Michelle stopped directly in front of Chip's face and scowled at her. "Are you high?" she whispered yet the question still came far too loud, thankfully no one but James was around to hear it.

Ciara hesitated, glazed eyes widening as she stared back at Michelle, "No."

"Chip," Michelle laughed, not believing a word as she was acting as she always did when high. "Where'd you get it from?"

"One of Cal's mates, class stuff I tell you," she relented, knowing that she was not going to get away with anything when it came to Michelle - anything but her deepest secret. But, however, she did know that if Michelle was distracted by something else her questions would quickly relent and Ciara would get to live in her secrets once again. So she turned to a topic that she knew would catch Michelle's attention instantly,  "No luck with the trust fund then?"

"Mammy couldn't stop laughing when I asked her," Michelle sighed deeply, annoyance practically pouring off of her. However James had an opposite reaction and started to snigger to himself at the very thought of it all.

"It was rather funny," he responded once receiving a rather awful stare from Michelle. Chip found it all to be quite amusing though and found herself softly laughing alongside James.

"Catch yourself on James," Michelle scoffed before walking into the Chip shop, heading directly for the girls who were already inside. Ciara hated this place. It felt far too sticky and always turned her stomach with such intensity that she had no choice but to leave. The hot sickly stench hit her nose with such intensity as soon as she stepped through the threshold that she almost turned around, considering making a run for it.  "Well Jenny Joyce was talking out of her fat hole about this trust fund thing," Michelle announced to the entire room, earning a few eye rolls from patrons already in the shop.

"What's yours?" Fionnula, the shop's owner, asked impatiently. She tapped her pencil on her pad in a way eerie similar to how Dr.W acted with his pen and from then on, Ciara could not shake the feeling that her therapist was nearby,

"Don't rush me, Fionnula," Michelle exclaimed, earning a gasp from Clare who was so frightened of the lady that she could hardly get out her own order. "Where the fuck are we going to get the money for Paris now?"

"God this place makes me feel sick," James muttered, leaning just close enough to Chip that she could hear without the others hearing a word. James was painted in the same paleness that fluttered its way onto Ciara's face, the same turning calling their stomachs home.

"Aye it always smells rank in here," she agreed softly, ignoring the girls conversation about a cork board on the wall as she nervously glanced to the shopkeeper to check she hadn't heard. "Don't let Fionnula catch you saying that though, you'll end up more battered than the fish."

James sniggered at what he thought was a joke. His laughter fell once he realised she was being completely truthful. He gulped and glanced to Fionnula, nervously smiling upon seeing her gaze trained on the both of them.

"Chip, you want anything?" Erin asked loudly, having noticed that Ciara had not yet ordered like the rest of them.

"She's not going to eat anything," Michelle answered before she could. Ciara's heart stopped instantly, fearing she had figured out the one thing that she always hid about herself. She breathed again when Michelle mimed smoking and all the girls nodded and laughed in understanding. Ciara hadn't realised that she must have been high around the girls enough times that they knew how she reacted to it. Where most people got the munchies, Chip was the complete opposite. Perhaps it was because of her already existing disorders, she didn't know but was not quite inclined to ask Dr.W. Chip turned and walked out of the chip shop just as Michelle yelled her order back, unable to take the smell anymore.