Chapter 5

My alarm starts going off at 5 am. Dom wakes up and so do I. I get up and go into the bathroom to start getting ready. Then I look at myself in the mirror and take a good hard long look at myself. Then I impulsively decide to call off. I just don't wanna go into work today. I walk back in and lay back down.
"Whatcha doin? Don't you hav work?"
"I called off." I say as I snuggle back up to Dom.

Dom POV
When she laid back down and told me she called off I'm not gonna lie, I got a little excited. That means I can spend more time with her. She went back to sleep but I stayed up for a little longer. Shortly after she went back to sleep Nancy, Mrs.Robinsons daughter called. So I answered

Me: ello? Dom speakin"
Nancy: Hello. I was just calling to let you know that we found a hotel and my husband paid for it. We'll be there for about 3 days then head back home. Thank you again for paying for our plane tickets. It really means a lot to us.
Me:It's no problem. The girl I've been seeing talks about your mum a lot. Your mum is her favorite patient. She came home early yesterday because she was crying over your mum. Her friend went in for her to finish out her shift and keep an eye on your mum for her.
Nancy: Awe. My mom calls me sometimes and talks about her all the time. My mom will only talk to her unless Avery goes in the room to check on her. My mom is a fighter. If she starts flat lining it's never for long. Dr.Owens knows this but she still gets shaken up from the fear. Did you know Dr.Owens has never lost a patient?
Me: Oh no I didn't know that. She hasn't told me that. I know she's a good doctor but didn't know she was that good. Wow. Well anyways, I'm glad you called to let me know. Maybe I'll see you when you get here?
Nancy: Yes. See you when we get there. Bye!
Me: Bye Bye

I hang up and set my phone back down. I wrap my arms around her and go back to sleep.

Nicole POV

I woke up again around 9. I carefully got out of bed so I didn't wake Dom. I slipped on a pair of leggings then grab my keys and wallet. I head out to my car and go to dunkin and get a few different breakfast foods and drinks then I stop and the liquor store and grab some whiskey and a few other kinds of alcohol then get in the car and head home. When I go into the kitchen and set my stuff down Dom comes walking out. I open up my coffee and drink a little then poor some Whiskey in it then stir it up.

"You got the right idea Nic." He laughs and does the same to his coffee after I had it to him

"It's too early to exist. I need more fuel than caffeine" I chuckle.

"Right right. So I am playing a show this up coming weekend at the Roxy. If you want I can get you, Avery, and River backstage passes?"

I look at him and smile wide. "Wait you would really do that?"

He nods and smiles. "Yeah. Anything for you."

I take a sip of my drink then grab my breakfast. Shortly after that Avery walks through the door. She looks at the counter and sees what I bought. She grabs the glass and pokes a glass of wine.
"They gave me a new patient yesterday and he was checking out my ass then asked me if it was illegal to have sex with a patient"

I laugh. "Welcome to the world of medicine. Glad you could make it. Oh by the way, I called off"

"Ooo perfect. I have the rest of the day off. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I had like 2 Red Bulls so now I'm wide awake. Ooo lets go shopping!"

"I'm down. I wanna get more scrubs anyways."

River comes in the kitchen from the living room with his shirt off and his eyes half opened. He grabs a breakfast sandwich and the last coffee.
"You two were so fucking loud last night" he says and looks at me and Dom.