Chapter 3

Once I get to the studio Dom meets me in the lobby and brings me to the room they were in. The room has gorgeous lighting, all the instruments you could think of, a recording booth, and there is a few other people there which I am assuming they're part of his team or something.

"So everyone this is Nicole. Nicole this is basically everyone that is typically here when I am in the studio working on music"

I smile and wave. "Hi everyone". There wasn't too many people but at the same time not too little. He had me sit next to him on the couch while he worked on song writing. I laid my head against his shoulder for about 15 minutes. But then he got stuck on trying to figure out song lyrics for a verse of a song. So I took my phone out and showed him a few random poems and songs I have written for fun. He ended up using one of my poems for the verse of the song.

"That actually works perfectly for this. Thank you Nikki." He smiles and kisses my cheek then continues his writing. I felt proud of myself. Yeah it's something small and stupid but I mean, something small that I wrote will maybe one day be sung on a stage in front of a crowd one day. Holy smokes.

I check my phone and scroll through social media. As I'm scrolling through Twitter I see the pictures the guys took of us last night. As well and some pictures that someone took of us inside the bar. I tap Doms shoulder and show him.

"Oh damn. I'm sorry if people start going crazy everytime they see you from now on. Whenever people see me with a girl they go crazy. Even if I'm just simply hanging out with them. Like one time I had lunch with Miley Cyrus and people immediately thought we were dating. All I could do was laugh when I saw the rumors and ideas people came up with just from that."

"Okay sooo . . . Be careful of crazy people, got it." I look at him and smile wide.

"Yeah." He chuckles then starts talking again. "So do you just write for fun on your free time? Your stuff is good"

"Thank you. When I was little I wanted to pursue a career in music. I've been writing songs and poems since my freshman year of high school. I've always loved music. My parents told me it was too much to risk and told me to go to college and get into a good career. I've been a straight A student since like middle school so I decided to become a surgeon and help people that way instead of through music. So here I am. Dr.Owens, surgeon at PIH Health Good Samaritan hospital." I smile and make eye contact with Dom.

"You know, you should never be scared to follow your dreams just because your family doesn't think it's worth it. Are you happy being a doctor?"

"Yeah I am. I love my patience. Mrs.Robinson, the one I had to preform surgery on earlier, she is pretty much my favorite. Her daughter lives in New York City so I'm basically her favorite part of her day. Her face lights up as soon as I walk into the room. On my way out I found myself buying her flowers and having them sent up to her room. I've been on her case since I was just a resident learning the ropes."

"Woah. So she's been in a long time huh?"

"Yep pretty much. She's in and out but as soon as she is back in they place me on her case."

Adam ended up joining the conversation. "So are you like, a crazy good doctor?"

I smile and nod. "I would like to think so. Shortly after I graduated I flew out to Maine to preform a Surgery because the man has heard all about my work and he wouldn't get the surgery he needed unless I was doing it."

Dom smiled at me and listened to me closely as I was talking. I could tell he was genuinely interested in every word I was saying. I talk very passionately about my work. My job means the world to me, it really does. And my patients make it a million times better too.