Chapter 29

They stepped into a very familiar location for Izuku. When Ochako looked around, she was in awe. They were in the strange world of stars, portals, and paths.

"Holy, whoa," Izuku said, "so it's not just a place where I go during meditations."

"Karabast," Ochako whispered.

They turned around and saw that the portal they had emerged from was empty. They couldn't see Lothal beyond it. They walked away from the path hearing many, many different voices. Some they both recognized, some Izuku knew, some Ochako could call by name, and some neither knew.

"Deku, you said you've been here before?" Ochako asked.

"Only twice. I was meditating both times. The second time was last night. The first time was when I fixed my other lightsaber and... I had one last conversation... with Master Yagi," he said, getting sad at the memory.

They continued walking. They passed many other portals. Izuku could almost sense what was in some of them. They led to other places. Other times. They stopped at one that they heard something familiar coming from.

 They stopped at one that they heard something familiar coming from

What they heard was blaster fire and orders being barked out. It was a mix of Mandalorians and... Clones. Slowly, an image began to form into Nevarro. To Order 66.

"Deku... What did you say this place was?" Ochako asked.

"I didn't. But what Master Yagi believed was it was a place where the time didn't matter. You could come in at one place and time and exit another place and time," he said.

"That means..."

The pieces of what they were presented with fell into place. They both looked into the portal with wide eyes. The image focused on Master Yagi as an explosion sent him flying.

"You save your master and come back with him. Then I'll save my parents," Ochako said.

Izuku nodded and took one step forward. He stopped himself to really think about it. If he went in there and he did save him, how much would change? Master Yagi died taking pressure off of everyone else so he and Ochako could escape. If he saved him, would they still escape? Would they be where they are now?

He raised a hand to the portal, watching as Master Yagi marched to his death. He wanted to run through, grab him, and run back so much. But if he did, he almost knew what would happen. He collapsed to his knees as silent tears fell from his eyes.

"Deku? Just go. Why aren't you..." Ochako asked, coming around to see his face.

His lower lip was trembling, and his breath was shaky. Tears fell from his cheeks to the path beneath them.