Chapter 16

Izuku was sitting on his cot staring at his lightsaber. He was staring down the end the blade emitted from. Just because the crew of the Midnight helped them, they were coldly executed. That was weighing heavy on his mind. How many more had to die to keep him and Ochako alive? Will the crew of the Dynamight meet the same fate? Would it be better if the two of them just weren't around? He was so wrapped up in these questions that he didn't hear Ochako enter the room.

"Do I need to use my blasters like that night on Nevarro?" She asked.

"The Midnight was destroyed because of us, Ochako," Izuku said, "if we had just left, they'd still be alive. Will the same thing happen to the Dynamight if we stick around?"

"I was just out wondering the same thing. Mina assured me that they're all fighters. They won't go down easily." She sat down on her cot, facing away from Izuku.

"But they still might go down," he took a long pause between thoughts, "I'm sorry. About earlier."

She didn't turn to face him. She didn't even speak.

"I should have said I was a Jedi right away, but I let my own thoughts get in the way. Just like that night."

He got up from his cot, placing his lightsaber on it. He walked over to her, holding his right hand over her right shoulder.

"I didn't even think about saving you when I should have. If you hate me now, I--"

"Deku... you always put others before yourself," she said, not turning around, "but this time, you put others before me. It's not that I don't see why. It's just... you forgot what my parents made you promise."

She turned around, a stern expression on her face. Izuku could sense heartbreak within her, leading him to believe she was putting on this face because she was upset with him.

"Just... please... promise me that you will put me before keeping your Jedi allegiance a secret."

Izuku sighed, feeling a small tear escape his eyes.

"I promise," he said, placing his hand on her shoulder.

They both let out a light sigh. Izuku returned to his cot and put his lightsaber on the floor, next to Master Yagi's.

"What do you think we're going to do tomorrow?" Ochako asked.

"I don't know. Kacchan didn't tell me," Izuku said.

"Kacchan?"

"Old Rodian. Means explosive temper."

"How much does he hate it?"

"I don't think he does. But he is going to take to calling me Deku from now on."

"Why?"

"Uh..."

Izuku's mind went back to when Katsuki told him why he was calling him Deku.

"You're defenseless. If it weren't for us, that Tenth Bastard would have killed you."

"No reason..."

They both laid down on their cots and went to sleep.

Izuku woke up thirsty a couple hours later.

"Karabast, is it this hot all the time? How did I survive last night? How'd Ochako survive last night?" He whispered to himself.

He got out of his cot and looked at Ochako. She was soundly asleep, breathing in a calming and calm rhythm. He smiled slightly. He left the room and began walking to the mess hall. He had only gotten thirty feet from the room when he saw he wasn't the only one up. Denki and Kyoka were sitting around a comm device that was playing news. It was a radio.