Chapter 5

The six marched on as dusk was approaching. After establishing a base camp the previous day, they had begun marching on to their targets around mid day. The attacks to destroy the outposts and factory would take place tomorrow as soon as they reached their target.  Toshinori and Izuku we're leading the pack and talking about what their training would consist of with Captain Endeavor talking about where they may be called next once this battle was over. Ochako, Kyno, and Aldrich were listening the whole time and finding it rather odd. Kyno and Aldrich also noticed something else in particular.

"Ochako?" Kyno asked.

"Hm?" She replied.

"You're staring at the young Padawan."

"I was?" Her face began turning a light shade of pink.

"Listen, I don't want your heart to ultimately break--"

"Mom, we're just friends! So what if I think he's brave and cool and kinda cute? It's not like I like him that way! He and I only just met yesterday, and I know that there's no such thing as love at first sight."

"That's not all," Aldrich said, "Jedi are trained to forgo all attachments and emotions. Even if you do eventually fall in love with him, even if you remain friends, that's all you will ever be. Friends."

"They forgo emotions and attachments? Why? Our emotions and our bonds make us human."

"Well, some stories say they forgo emotions because of their paranoia of the Dark Side."

They all had to roll their eyes at the ideals of darkness and light. That was one of Ochako's only turn offs for even considering falling in love with Izuku so fast. He was a Jedi, and their views of things were black and white. She was a Mandalorian who saw things in shades of gray. Unless either she got a very strict sense of justice or he learned how the galaxy really operated, she knew they'd never have a chance.

"We should stop here for now," Toshinori said, "it'll be dark soon."

Soon, they had a fire started and were sitting around it enjoying some food. After everyone had eaten their fill, Izuku and Toshinori went a distance away from the fire to train. They ignited their lightsabers and started going through the forms. The entire time, Izuku was thinking on stuff.

"I can sense your distraction. Care to tell me? Is it Ochako?" Toshinori asked.

"N-no. Yes. Kind of. Master, are attachments all that bad?" Izuku asked.

They continued going through forms as Toshinori thought aloud on it.

"I know why you're confused. It's something even I have trouble understanding. But becoming attached to something means that you may become possessive. It means that you have something that, should you lose it, could cause you to blame yourself or something or one. It could turn into hatred towards that object, yourself, or somebody."

"I understand that, master, but couldn't such attachments also bring someone back from the Dark?"

It was a possibility that he had considered. Yet, he knew the council's default phrase for if someone asked that.

"We can't know for certain. At least, that's what the council says. Now, allow the Force to flow."

That seemed to put the discussion to rest. A couple hours later, before they were fully done, they received an incoming offworld transmission. It was Coruscant. In attendance were Master Yoda, Master Mundi, Master Kenobi, and Master Windu.

"Master Yagi, Padawan Izuku. How goes the war on Nevarro?" Master Yoda asked.

"We're on our way to destroy the droid foundry. The planet should be free before the end of tomorrow." Toshinori said.