Epilogue

*Three years later*

It's been three years since we left off and you have never been happier. You and Nat are now married and have never been closer. The two of you bought a place on a small block of land near Macy's place to get away from the busyness of New York. Your resident genius Tony Stark worked out not only how to reverse Natasha's hysterectomy by basically generating a new womb, but also turned the idea of single sex reproduction from a concept to a reality, and Nat is now pregnant with your daughter. You both made a joke about the baby being a cyborg, but he took offence, claiming you were dismissing his brilliance and explained everything again for the third time, about how machines take your DNA and with a little prodding, time, the correct temperatures, and so on, the DNA fuses, producing cells and then growing from there. You may be biased, but you believe this is his finest innovation, especially since he discovered the secret to time travel.

But that was four months ago and right now it's Christmas eve and you are sitting on Macy's couch, Natasha resting between your legs as the two of you listen to the quiet Christmas carols and watch the fireplace as you lazily run your hands along her stomach. Ethan and Macy and her mom went to bed hours ago and the two of you are taking the time to just enjoy each others presence. The way the Christmas lights illuminated your wife's hair was enchanting and you wished to just stay there forever.

Nat rolled over gently being conscious of her belly to look in your eyes, and the two of you just sat there for a moment being completely and utterly enamored by each others eyes before she spoke reciting the vows she pledged a year ago. "You, Y/n Y/l/n are the love of my life. No one has ever been capable of making of making me feel as safe and loved as you have, you make me so incredibly happy, and you make me feel like the luckiest person on earth. I can not wait to start a family with you." she whispers and leaning up to kiss you gently before returning to her position between your legs as if nothing happened.

"And I will continue to make you feel that way for the rest of our lives my love" You say in return kissing the top of her head gently and taking her hand in yours. The two of you lay there for a while longer Nat gently humming to the songs in the background and you just allowing yourself to soak it all in, you try to take in every detail down to the pattern on the rug beside you because you never want to forget this moment. The security it brings, the overwhelming love you are currently feeling would cause you to give up all your other memories if it meant you kept this one because this is all you have ever wanted.

*Five Months Later*

"Lena Macy Romanoff-Stevens" You say to the waiting room full of people, Yelena immediately jumps to her feet and hurls herself at you.

"Lena" she asks quietly once she releases you from her hold.

"Yeah, Lena" You respond just as quietly as she had taking in your sister in laws reaction. You and Nat loved the name but weren't sure about how Yelena would feel but right now you think it was the right decision as you watch the Russian try to fight back tears with a proud look on her face.

"I love it" she whispers, you smile and rub her shoulder lightly before eventually turning to the only non avenger in the room. Macy had treated you like family since the moment she met you, but had always slightly felt as if you hadn't felt the same way but this settles it. You had been trying to find something to show her how important she was to you and this just felt right.

"You didn't have to do that, I'm sure there was someone else you'd rather name her after." she says softly rubbing her hand along your upper arm.

"There was no one else, we wanted it to be you." you said as you smiled gently at her and she pulled you in for one of the warmest hugs you'd ever experienced. "Then thankyou." she says.

Trevor had wanted to be here but with business growing at the garage he couldn't get away. Although he did send a 'my uncles single do you want to be my new auntie' shirt, that Nat says Lena will NEVER wear.

"Now we Nat is fairly tired so I think we should keep it to two visitors at a time. As you lead the two women into the room, you realise that this was the memory you actually wanted to remember forever, but not only this one but all the rest you will make from here on out. Your daughter's first steps, her first word, every birthday, and dance recital, watching her reach all of life's milestones and there is no one else you would rather do it with than Natasha. The woman you are so incredibly proud to call your wife.

Wordcount: 835

Later, Laur <3