Chapter 11: It's a surprise

Since Aspen passed away, I genuinely believe that today is the first day that I have felt genuine joy, and I won't lie it's a weird feeling. I roll over to find Nat's jacket once more, which I should probably return but decide to keep for a little while longer.

After lying in bed for far too long I finally get up and slowly made my way to the bathroom to start my day. After turning on the shower, I strip off my clothes and wait for the water to warm up. This doesn't take very long because I'm literally in a stark tower, but it does make me stand there awkwardly for a while.

I almost have a full outfit put together but it's freezing today, and I just can't find the right jacket. Then it hits me, Nat's jacket. Are we official, no, but am I going to wear her clothes anyway, yes?

(Outfit reference without jacket, if you don't like it imagine something else, but this is our y/n's vibe)

When I walk into the kitchen, a box of pop tarts is almost instantly thrust in my face. A cheery Thor asks, "Want one? " I reply, "No thanks, I'm good. I presume that since you're happy this morning, the mission went well", but Thor only shrugs before an agitated Tony says, "It was a disaster, I don't see why the oaf's so happy." Pointing at Thor who just shrugs with a little frown before perking up and saying giddily "Who wouldn't be happy lady Natasha and y/n are going out today"

Tony then said, "Well I might be in a better mood if you didn't almost crush us with ice while swinging your oversized mallet," adding, "Congrats by the way, I asked Nat out three times and you rock up and she's suddenly in love with you." Tony pointed to the jacket he obviously knows to be Nat's, and said, "wait, how do you know, Thor?" I enquire puzzled because I am certain that I didn't tell anyone—unless Wanda read my mind again, which I highly doubt—and I don't think Nat would've had time to tell anyone it was pretty late last night. "Oh, I overhead miss Natasha speaking with Steve last night, after we got back from the mission, which by the way didn't go as badly as tin man says it did" Thor chuckles while elbowing a very disgruntled Tony.

And I chuckled as a set of arms enveloped my stomach and a raspy voice murmured, "Sorry about that, I promised I'd 'keep Rogers posted,' he's my best friend I tell him everything," I grinned and then waved to Thor who was giving heart eyes in our direction. "I like the jacket, by the way. I think I have one just like it", she teased before I went on to say "yeah, this girl I like gave it to me, and I liked it. I probably ought to return it at some point, but it's comfortable, so I might have to keep it a little while longer." She smirked at my response before heading down to the dining table, Nat and I finished up breakfast and then headed to the garage.

"So, where are we heading, then?" I ask as we get in her car, she responds, "It's a surprise," keeping her eyes on the road. We've been driving for 10 minutes as during that time Nat has been tapping her fingers on the relentlessly on steering wheel and her eyes are darting all over the place. I have never known Nat to be a nervous driver, so I'm not sure what's got her so agitated.