The Impound

Lightning McQueen: [The screen shows McQueen and Maddie sleeping in the Radiator Springs Municipal Impound that morning as they start to regain consciousness] [McQueen and Maddie sigh] Oh, boy. Oh... Where are we?

Tow Mater: Morning, sleeping beauties! [McQueen and Maddie scream as screen then shows from McQueen's and Maddie's point of views as they wake up. We see Mater outside the impound gate. Mater chuckling] Boy, I was wondering when you two were gonna wake up!

Maddie McWilliams: Take whatever you want! Just don't hurt us! [McQueen and Maddie try to reverse, then they felt a bump and heard a thud. They notice two parking boot on their tires, which it moves ahead as their tires were moving backwards.] A parking boot? Why do we have a parking boot on? [The screen zooms out to show our heroes in the impound.] What's going on here?! Please!

Tow Mater: [McQueen and Maddie try to push the parking boots back, but it wouldn't go underneath their tires. Mater chuckles] You two are funny, I like you two already. My name's Mater.

Lightning McQueen: Mater?

Tow Mater: Yeah, like "tuh-mater", but without the "tuh"! What's your names?

Maddie McWilliams: You don't know our names?

Tow Mater: Umm, no, I know your names, are your names "Mater" too?

Lightning McQueen: What?! Look, we need to get to California as fast as possible. Where are we?

Tow Mater: Where are you?! Shoot! You two are in Radiator Springs! The cutest little town in Carburetor County. [looks around to see a few old buildings]

Maddie McWilliams: Oh, great. Just great!

Tow Mater: Well, if you two think that's great, you two should see the rest of the town.

Lightning McQueen: You know? We'd love to see the rest of the town! So if you could just open the gate, take these boots off, you and us, we go cruising, check out the local scene---

Tow Mater: Dad-gum! [gets ready to press the button for the gate]

Maddie McWilliams: How'd that be, Mater? [about to press the button]

Tow Mater: Cool!

Sheriff: MATER! [Mater then stops, and reverses as Sheriff arrives. McQueen and Maddie then frowns and part of them feels sorry for Mater while the rest of them look confused.] What did I tell you about talking to both of the accused?!

Tow Mater: To not to.

Sheriff: [presses the button to open the gate] Well, quit your yapping and tow these delinquents road hazards to traffic court.

Tow Mater: [Mater whispering to McQueen and Maddie] Well, we'll talk later, Mater. [chuckles as he gets behind McQueen and Maddie] "Later, Mater." That's funny! [McQueen and Maddie scream. He uses his tow hook to grab McQueen's and Maddie's undercarriages]