Life is a Highway

[Mack and Maxine then drive away]

Rusty and Sofia: Don't drive like my brother/sister!

Dusty/Amber: Oh yeah, don't drive like my brother/sister!

Mack: California, here we come!

Lightning McQueen: Dinoco, here we come! [Life is a Highway plays. McQueen and Maddie turns on the lights in the trailer. The screen shows all of his different merchandising]

[Then it shows Mack and Maxine exiting the Motor Speedway of the South and driving along the Interstate 40 to Los Angeles. Later, the screen shows Mack and Maxine making faces with his/her reflection on the back of a tank truck. A car named Bertha Butterswagon is disgusted by this. Then the screen pans beside some telephone poles, where the birds from For the Birds are seen chirping. The screen then resumes to showing Mack and Maxine progressing on his/her journey. And while he's/she's driving, have got out to get some fresh air and to drive for a little while...]

Maddie McWilliams: [Then it shows. The whole song then completely ends as in the evening, that same day, in the trailer it shows Maddie being massaged by brushes as the phone rings.] Oh... Oh, I needed this... [presses a button to respond to the phone call, which makes the brushes go into the roof of the trailer] Hello?

Juliet: Is this Maddie McWilliams, the world's fastest racing machine?

Lightning McQueen: Is this Harv, the world's greatest agent?

Harv: And it is such a honor to be your agent and it almost hurts to take ten percent of your winnings and merchandising and ancillary rights in perpetuity anyway. What a race! Huh, champ? I did-- I didn't see it, but I heard you were great.

Maddie McWilliams: [pressing buttons to change TV channels showing the finish of the previous race] Uh... Thanks, Juliet.

Juliet: Listen, they're giving you 20 tickets for the tiebreaker thing in Cali. I'll pass 'em on to your friends. You shoot me the names. You let Juliet rock it for you, alright, baby?

Lightning McQueen: Right! Friends! Yes, there's, um... [has a sad look knowing that Maddie is his only friend and she's in the race so he can't invite her]

Harv: [to McQueen] Okay, I get it, Mr. Popular, so many friends you can't even narrow it down. Hey! When you get to town, you better make time for your best friend, you gotta break bread with your best friend here.

Maddie McWilliams: Yeah, yeah, that would be great! We should totally...

Juliet: Okay, I gotta jump, kid. L-Let me know how it goes. I'm out.

Lightning McQueen: [The call ends as the dial tone hums. McQueen sighs] [then some melodic beeping and wheels squeaking are heard.] What?! A minivan?! [on radio] Oh, come on, Mack! You're in the slow lane, this is Lightning McQueen you're hauling here!

Mack: Just stopping off for a quick breather, kid. Old Mack needs a rest. [starts to go onto the entrance to where the rest stop is at]

Maddie McWilliams: Absolutely not. We're driving straight through all night till we get to California, we agreed to it!

Maxine: All night?! May I remind you, federal DOT regs sta-

Lightning McQueen: Come on, Mack. I need to get there before Chick get hang with Dinoco!

Mack: [sighs as he sees some sleeping trucks] All those sleeping trucks! [on radio] Hey, kid, I don't know if I can make it.

Maddie McWilliams: Oh, sure you can, Maxine. Look, it'll be easy, I'll stay up with you!

Maxine: [to Maddie] All night?

Lightning McQueen: All night long.

[Later that night, we see McQueen and Maddie, sleeping. McQueen and Maddie snore]