Chapter Eleven

Truthfully I had never been on many dates before, let alone in a relationship that didn't involve my posters or YouTube videos. Yes I've had the few dates here and there but nothing memorable or worth mentioning. So when I received a text from Niall, asking me out on a date I was a little shocked especially since the tampon incident, but absolutely flattered. And I couldn't help but think, that it had come at a perfect time.

[Unknown; hey it's Nialler, are you free Tuesday night? Maybe you could do some pizza and a movie night with the boys and Perrie, Eleanor and Danielle if your free? xx]

I smiled childishly at the text message,

My initial thought after receiving a text message from Niall like that, as you do, was "Omg Niall texted me"

Followed by a "Omg he put two x's"

And then a "Omg he's asking me out"

Which was immediately followed by a "Shit what am i gong to wear..."

Oh the troubles of being a girl I thought to myself...

I tried to play it cool and wait and hour before I replied. Just trying to keep my 'play hard to get' image up.

But really, he had me at "hey it's Nialler.."

Actually just "hey" was enough to get me to beg at his knees, but he didn't have to know that...

I replied back to Niall, smiling as I did so.

[Ruby: Hi Niall, sure am what time? Xo]

Wow, that didn't sound keen at all....

His reply was almost immediate.

[Niall: ill pick you up round 6? xxx]

The numbers of x's is slowly increasing.. This is a good sign.

I replied back with sure ;), before settling into bed on a Sunday night.

****

Monday night had come and gone and somehow it was already Tuesday. Niall came past my house, picked me up and we began driving towards the DVD shop. He allowed me to choose the film we were going to watch, and I guess there's just nothing more romantic than Titanic. We ordered pizza, and Niall drove us back to his apartment. And what an apartment it was.

It was very modern. It had a homey atmosphere surrounded by a black, white, grey and of course green colour scheme. It smelled of sweet cinnamon sugar and was big enough for at least ten people to live in. It was a 6 bedroom 3 bathroom apartment with a theatre room and games room on the side. It was deffinately an apartment fit for a king.

When we arrived inside Zayn and Perrie were cooking up some dessert in the kitchen, while Harry, Liam and Louis were in the games room playing ping pong and Danielle and Eleanor were chatting on the sofa.

When Niall called everyone to the theatre room, they seemed to be happy with the movie choice. Who knew Liam and Louis were hopeless romantics...

I was mostly hesitant when it came to Harry. He tried to pull me aside to talk but I ignored him and acted like I didn't hear him.

As everyone took their seats on the sofa, I quickly went to the bathroom to pee and freshen up a bit. When I came back everyone was seated. Harry on the end, Liam, Danielle, Perrie, Zayn and Niall, and Louis and Eleanor on a beanbag.

Niall tapped his hand against the sofa, for me to come sit next to him. There was a little extra room so I obliged, but I could feel Harry's eyes piercing into my back like daggers, as I walked past him to get to Niall.

The film began, and pizza came so we all ate and watched the movie together. Towards the end of the film, I leant against Niall and snuggled into him. There was no real romantic connection maybe just a little harmless flirting, I was solely trying to get myself comfortable, but Harry took it the wrong way.

The film ended. Zayn, Perrie, Liam, Danielle, Louis and Eleanor called it quits and took the short trip home, but Harry wasn't interested in leaving until I had left Niall's apartment that night. He didn't want any hanky panky business going down between us...

Don't know why he'd think that would happen, I barely knew how to kiss the back of my hand, let alone any real human being of the opposite sex!

Half an hour after the others had left I decided to call it quits and head home too. Harry offered me a lift, and seeing as I didn't have a car or much money on me, I figured taking a lift home from him was the easiest option.

There was dead silence for the first few minutes of the car ride. I could see from Harry's facial expression that he was trying to find somewhere to start but didn't know how. Eventually he broke the silence.

"Ruby," he began. "I just want you to know how sorry I am, and that it wasn't my fault."

I deliberated inflicting the silent treatment, but figured this was a better time than any to question what had happened.

"And whose fault was it?" I spat, my voice full of attitude.

"It was Izobel! She kissed ME!" He shouted back in defence.

"And what was I? Just some little game for you?" I asked wide eyed, raising my voice slightly.

"What do you mean?" He said looking at me quizzically.

"Don't give me that bullshit Harry!" I yelled, "I heard you and Louis talking outside at the gala benefit the other night, I heard what you said!"

"But Ruby-" he started, but I eagerly interrupted.

"No Harry, you were using me to make Izobel jeleous. USING ME. Was that all I was to you? On show, so that you could get back together with Izobel?" I shouted back at him hearing my voice crack, and I could feel the tears in my eyes begin to reach the surface.

By then he had reached my driveway, I quickly jumped out of the range rover, and ran directly for the door. I slammed it shut before Harry got to it and slid my back against it until my emotionally exhausted body hit the cold hard floor. I felt my eyes begin to shut and a few tears slid down my face.

"Ruby, I'm sorry open up!" I heard Harry yell, but I refused him entry.

He continued for a while and then suddenly all the shouting and noise went away...

=======================================================

Hey! Cant believe its my first fanfic and ive gotten this far, And i hope this chapter is okay! So are you still team Harry or team Niall? And what person do you think should play the character of ruby? Please leave me a comment to let me know if you like it and how I'm going. Comment/vote/fan thankyou xoxox