Chapter One

You see, I was born one of those 'genius kids' the ones whose brains have the ability to absorb everything they hear, calculate the rate of a reaction before it even takes place, tell if a person is subconciously lying and my personal favourite.. A photographic memory. Yet beyond my ridicuously engineered brain there is one thing that I lack.. The capability to speak normally to any remotely cute specimen of the opposite sex.

****

"Ugh, sorry I didn't see you there" I said, turning my head around to see who I had bumbed into.

"No worries, it was my fault babe" he replied in a confident tone.

As I took in his defined facial features I could feel my cheeks start to burn up, yes freaky genius girl was blushing.

'Babe, really?' I thought to myself. It's not that I didn't recognise him but I decided id try play it cool, you know cool, calm and collected.

And this is when word vomit decided to kick in.

"Oh my god you just called me babe. I don't usually get called babe but I like it, a lot. No one ever calls me babe as cute and you and I mean you are cute like really cute I mean hot."

"Umm" he finally interrupted me releasing a breathe and crinkling his nose a little.

"Uhh I mean handsome?" I added a little softer raising an eye brow, hoping my lack of social interaction hadn't scared him off.

Well, isnt this going great, terrific, brilliant. He's deffinately going to ask me to marry him and have five kids and live happily ever after at this rate! I thought sarcastically and I mentally face palmed myself, six times. Hard.

"Err.. How bout we start this again?" He replied, a cocky grin having plastered its way across his face, of which I can only assume was the reaction he received from every girl on the planet who even glanced his way.

"Yes" I sighed, glancing down at the floor in shame, trying to mentally sew my mouth shut closed.

"Well, I can't say I've ever had this reaction from a girl before" he said looking down at me.

I just stared blankly back at him, knitting my eyebrows together and watching for any signs of conscious lying, only to be disappointed.

" I'm Harry" he almost spat in his deep voice, eyeing me up and down like I was some piece of meat. His sudden gesture threw me off and word vomit became word constipation -I couldn't seem to get anything out. So I did the only thing that seemed remotely right at the time. I got out my pepper spray. You might think, wow real genius girl move, but it worked as a good cover up. You see ever since i was younger everyone had known me as the human calculator girl or the 'off the charts' girl.. IQ charts of course! So when an opportunity like this came up, I couldn't help myself.. Call it 'the social experiment' if you will.

I glanced back at the poor guy who now had pepper spray stinging through his eyes. I scanned his face for any serious damage but was relieved when I only saw redness from his intense rubbing, I knew then that his eyes would become a little puffy and swell at most.

"Urgh that stings" he said through short breathes as he rubbed at his eyes, "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" He spat, stepping back slightly.

At that moment there came atleatst 4 tough looking men with stern faces behind Harry looking like some sort of mafia. One came to his aid, the other 3 beginning to escort him into a large black van that lay parked at the end of the street.

"She's coming with us" Harry said sternly, looking back piercingly in my direction and clenching his jaw tightly.

I swallowed roughly, as the 4 bulky men glanced back over at me.

The next thing I knew, there were two tight grips around my tiny wrists, almost dragging me towards the tinted van.

"Hurry" one of the men grunted under his breath, and all I could think about was 'how is freaky genius girl going to get herself out of this one.'

========================================================

Hey! It's my first fanfic, if you could vote or leave me a comment and let me know how I'm doing that would be highly appreciated. I've never really done this before so any advice will be happily taken on board! :) anyone have tumblr or twitter?