Chapter Two

I took in a deep breath as I realised that getting into the van was inevitable. With all this muscle around me, any amount of force I put up was easily restrained.

As I sat there patiently waiting for the door to close, and the car to take off, I glanced around at my surroundings; carefully capturing the smallest of details to direct me to where we were heading. I rested my hand against the back of my neck, careful to gently pull out a piece of hair. I placed it against the light coloured car seat, leaving a clue for detectives if anything should happen to me.

As the car quickly sped off, I pondered saying something but decided to keep my mouth shut. I held the seat belt tight lining it with my finger prints. I had watched too many criminal tv shows to notice that if this was an attempted kidnapping, there would have been more restraint involved in keeping me put, and more thought involved in kidnapping me in broad day light. About five minutes had passed when I noticed the scenery had changed. We were no longer travelling in the city on main roads but were driving through some sort of dark tunnel. All of a sudden we came to a sharp halt.

"After you miss," one of the large men said, with an annoyed look on his face.

"Umm.. Are you sure? I don't even know where we are, I mean the chances that this is an attempted kidnapping seem very high and the chances of me getting out of here alive seem very slim and-" I trailed on, interrupted by a smirking Harry.

"Your doing it again," I heard Harry laugh cockily behind me. I pretended I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Doing what?" I asked innocently glaring down at the floor.

"Rambling," He replied. "Do we make you nervous?" He asked with a cheeky grin.

"N-N-No," I said frustrated.

"C'mon babe, through here, " he pointed, glancing up at the door, and I instinctively followed.

I made sure to get a glimpse of absolutely everything in that tunnel, one look was all it took for me to have an image encrypted in my brain. Luckily for me, my brain was over developed. Who knew having a mother who smoked more weed than a chimney and willingly threw herself at any dick that walked passed; and a father who remarried after their son died because he's wife was a 'constant reminder of what he used to have,' could create such a peculiar mind. Yep, that's right. I was the result of what people call 'Break up sex.' Break up sex which lead to another child. Another problem. Maybe it was joy in the fact of knowing that they wouldn't be spending the rest of their lives together or maybe it was the feeling of guilt that they would never be seeing each other ever again that created such a balanced mix of chemicals; but that in itself lead to my precisely sculpted mind. Ever since then my mother hasn't exactly kept track of me, I mean we do live together, when she's not on a mans arm every night, but I just come and go. Heck, she cant even keep track of what day it is. And my father has never really bothered to check up on me. All I ever receive from him are empty birthday cards and unfulfilled wishes, and maybe a 20 on big birthdays if I'm lucky.

And that's when Harry knocked me out of my trance.

"Are you coming?" He questioned me. I just looked at him a bit petrified and nodded. We walked through the tiny corridor in silence until we came to a single lone door.

"In here," I heard Harry say, as he gently nudged me in. As I walked into the small room that I identified as a dressing room I heard the door shut behind me. I quickly turned around to see that it was only Harry and I left in the room. As I looked him quizzically in the eye, he slowly grinned and locked the door behind him.

"Sit," he ordered. And I reluctantly obeyed.

"Harry, what am I doing here?" I asked, determined not to look him straight in the eye, incase word vomit decided to kick in.

"I needed a little fun," he replied. His eyes glazing over a little.

"Fun?" I gulped. I sure knew what happened in crime shows when a character said that.

"I'm not going to hurt you don't worry," he laughed, "I just want a date.."

"A date?" I looked at him confused. He smiled and somehow the mood seemed to lighten. I normally saw things like this coming. Reading people was what I was good at. It was an automatic reflex, I could do it in my sleep. But there was something about Harry that made it much harder to read, much harder to decipher he's next move.

"We'll your going to have to pay me back for spraying me in the eyes with pepper spray," he looked at me smiling flirtaciously, with a glint of hope in his eyes. "C'mon, it's a simple yes answer!" He laughed.

"Well, actually, the chances of a female agreeing in a case such as this, to the average male is about 50% or 1/2 or 0.5-" I tried to continue but he stopped me again.

"The average male?" He questioned, "I'm not your average male, Ruby."

"I don't recall, telling you my name?" I interrupted him.

"There is an invention named google," he replied mockingly back at me. The smart ass. "And it would be a lot less obvious if the bracelet on your wrist didn't have Ruby written on it." I just looked down at it and smiled.

I thought back to the day my dad gave that to me. It was my 13th birthday, one of the last times i saw my dad after he remarried. He took me to the local fair and told me I could go on any ride I wanted. He bought me ice cream and it was the first year we got to stay late and watch the fireworks. It was definitely hard looking back on life, growing up without a father. But it made me the strong seventeen year old I am today. I looked back up at Harry.

"Look, I'm not taking no for an answer. You owe me." Harry said looking me directly in the eye, "I've got a quick interview, and ill be back in an hour. Make yourself at home and do whatever you ladies do.. I'm not taking no for an answer Rubes!" He smiled while walking out the stage door.

Great, just great. Not only will I be held at god knows where, against my own will, but now I owe Harry. And for god sake 'Rubes? Really?.. That rhymes with pubes EW."

============================================================

Hey! I hope you like it! I'm still new at this and it is my first fanfic so I hope it's okay! Would love some comments to let me know how I'm doing, and the more votes the quicker ill upload haha! Any advice would be happily taken on board! xoxox