Chapter Ten

I ran for what felt like an hour, unloading all my energy onto every step yet being restricted by the confines of the full length dress I was wearing. I could still hear Harry shouting after me, telling me to slow down, but once my feet picked up the pace it took a lot to make them stop. After a while I heard Harry's feet turn around and re enter the venue. It hurt me so bad knowing that he could simply throw lies towards me around, and let them roll off his tongue like it was second nature. He made me feel like I was wanted, accepted, but now rejected at the same time, and I've had too many people just walk out of my life to let another walk all over me.

I ran out of the building down the main road, to my suprise it was already 9.30 and the lack of paparazzi and photographers was beneficial. I turned a corner round the back end of the building, to catch my breathe and take a moment to process what I had just seen. I leant against the brick wall at the back of the building steadily catching my breath and closed my eyes. About 10 minutes had passed and it was starting to get colder and darker. I should really have thought of how I was going to get home before running. I suddenly opened my eyes to the sound of two deep male voices.

It was definitely Harry and Louis.

"I think im in some deep shit man," I heard Harry say reluctantly.

"What happened?" Louis asked.

"I kissed Izobel," he stated in a guilty tone.

"Isn't that what you wanted? It was all fun and games, you were only using Ruby to make Izobel jeleous and it seemed to have worked.. So what's the problem?" Louis asked cockily.

"I know but, we had something special and lying to her doesn't feel right anymore." Harry replied calmly, and for a minute there it sounded sincere and believable. "How did that sound? Oscar nomination worthy?" Harry continued now smiling.

"Wow, for a second there I thought that was completely genuine, then I remembered Harry doesn't do love," Louis laughed.

The conversation began to die down, and I could hear footsteps leaving and re entering the venue. I decided to do the only acceptable thing in a situation like this.

I staunched them, just kidding.

I followed them.

Ok correction I stalked them, theres nothing better than getting back at someone who has hurt you so bad then figuring out a way to cut their wound deeper than they've cut yours.

If Harry thought I was just some little game, then a game was what he was going to get.

I followed them back inside the building like nothing had happened. By the time I got back into the gala room, Harry was sitting still at the table looking down at his phone. I calmly gathered myself together and glanced over at my empty seat. I took the long way around and carefully leant my petruding chest over a cheeky Niall and grabbed my clutch. Niall got a decent look at my cleavage and at the twins.

Not going to lie, I did enjoy the teasing a little.

But the look on Harrys face was priceless.

Who knew you could fight fire, with fire. Or even steal someone else's tactics?!

I'm on a roll!

They see me rollin, they hatin'...

Harry's face began to darken as he saw the eye contact and skin to skin contact surging between Niall and I. His eyes darkened and jaw clenched as he saw me flirtatiously smiling with a care free Niall. Going by the general rule, that vibe given out usually meant anger or jeleousy or a combination of both. But I honestly don't know what he had to be mad at, it's not like he owned me.

Niall had begun feeling a little sick and under the weather, and not even a beer could solve that problem. Luckily for me, he quickly ducked out into the foyer and rung for a private car to pick him up. All I had to do was ask, and Niall agreed to give me a lift home.

I quickly gathered my things from the table, when I felt a strong hand wrap around my tiny wrist.

"Ouch! What are you doing?" I asked innocently, feeling my wrist begin to pulsate at Harrys firm touch.

"Ruby I'm so sorry, you know i didnt kiss her, she kissed me." He began and sighed, "Where are you going?" He asked in a deep heavy tone.

I ignored the first part.

"Niall's going to give me a lift home," I replied full of attitude.

"Is he now?" Harry asked sarcastically and subconsciously began to loosen his grip. I took the opportunity to pull my arm away quickly and began walking to the foyer where Niall stood waiting.

And ofcourse Harry followed.

"What are you doing Niall?" Harry asked in a strong sturdy tone.

"Just giving Rubes a lift home that's all." He replied all giddily.

Great.. Now 2 out of 5 nicknamed me Rubes! Isn't that just lovely...

Harry's face began to darken and his jaw clenched even tighter as he took a step forward.

"Look just leave it." I said placing a hand on Harry's toned chest, "really, he's just taking me home, and honestly it's the least you can do after tonight." I managed to mutter quietly, pushing Harry back.

I could see in his eyes, all he want to do was take out Niall right then and there, it was as if he felt that he could control me just because I was lucky enough to be in his presence. This made me madder than before.I linked my arm with Niall's and our fingers brushed gently.

"C'mon lets go Niall," I said looking away from Harry and we began walking to the car that had been waiting.

Niall opened the door for me like a gentleman and we began the 20 minute car ride to my house. I didn't tell Niall anything about what I had saw, and heard tonight.

I learnt a lot about Niall, but just his personality and the atmosphere he created made me feel welcome. He was the guy in movies whose always there, the one that you always want the girl to fall in love with and is always disappointed when she falls for the bad guy. He was definitely the guy next door.

After making small talk we pulled up on my driveway and Niall once again very gentleman-like opened the door for me. I held my purse and got out gracefully and Niall began following me to the door to make sure I got in safely. I almost made it to the door when the heel of my shoe got stuck in between two bricks. My clutch went flying into the air and landed right beside Niall.

Just my luck I thought.

I turned around to gather my things when I noticed Niall playing with a rather cottony stringy object.

My luck just got ten times worse...

Kill me now...

It was, drum roll please...

An unused tampon.

"Umm.." I looked at him horrified.

"Here let me take that," I said yanking my heel out between the bricks and snatching the tampon from Niall's large fingers.

"Thankyou for the lift," I said looking down at the ground embarrassed.

"Any time!" Niall just looked at me and giggled.

I opened the front door and waved good bye as Niall got in the car and it began to drive away. As soon as I got inside the house I began face palming and think about how embarrassing it was to have a tampon fly out of your purse and land next to a famous male super star who started playing with it.

If anything was weird, it was definitely the fact that Niall was not afraid to play with it. That made me laugh. Niall was such a cutie he didn't even say anything he just smiled, bent down to pick it up and held it in his hands for me. And then I thought about what Harry would have said and done in a situation like that. Then I thought about Harry, and my mood went crap again.

=========================================================

Hey! Hope this chapter is alright, let me know if you like it, leave me comments good or bad I appreciate both! And vote if you like it!! By the way are you team 'Rubarry' or team 'Rubiall' ??? Xoxo