Chapter Seven

After our steamy kiss, Harry escorted me into the tiny steel shed behind the dark tennis court. My lips were still tingling at the sudden sensation as I brought my fingers up to touch them lightly. I smiled gently into them hoping Harry wouldn't notice my ecstatic mood, and the big grin that had plastered it self across my face.

The shed was only little, the size of an average bathroom, stocked with tennis balls and racquets. In the centre stood a small table covered in a white table cloth, with placements already set, a very expensive looking bottle of wine and rose scented candles keeping the room a light. The rose scent travelled up my nose and relaxed me as I surveyed the beautiful room Harry had prepared.

That boy sure did love his roses.

"Wow, this looks beautiful," I blushed, grateful someone would do such a thing for me.

"Oh it's just something I quickly put together in my spare time," he brushed off, but it definitely made me feel special and wanted.

Harry, the gentleman he is, pulled a chair out for me and gestured I sit in it, and carefully tucked me in. He laid out a napkin on me, slightly brushing the bottom of his finger tips on my bare thighs. My mouth involuntarily opened with a silent moan in response, and my eyes simply widened at what had just came out of my mouth. The skin to skin contact felt not only by me but also by a smirking and flirtatious Harry.

"Looks like I could get you moaning my name sooner than I had originally planned," he laughed, but I just ignored, and pretended I didn't hear him.

He sat down across from me and began pouring our glasses with wine. He then raised his glass.

"To a new friendship," he continued, and "to a new friendship," I replied. Cheesy I know.

We clinked glasses, eyes never moving away from each other. His green eyes looked like they were staring deep into my soul. I got a little creeped out so I slowly broke the connection when I thought that 8 minutes was more than enough time to spend staring.

Secretly,I could have starred all day.. But Harry would have probably thought I was weird..

Harry pulled out a basket from under the table. It was one of those old picnic baskets with a chequered tea towel resting on top of it. Surprisingly the food was still warm. Harry had prepared a nice home made italian lasagna, and a delicious looking vanilla cake.

After having the main meal and complementing him on his lasagna cooking skills, and talking about where we see our selves in 10 years time and so on, Harry brought out the vanilla cake I was so desperately looking foreword to eating.

Yes I have a sweet tooth...

Harry watched as I seductively took my first spoon full, I sucked on the spoon long and hard, and went in for another piece all the while keeping eye contact with him. As I swallowed I felt the cake struggling to go down my throat and I began to feel really itchy. I thought it was just my body responding to the unfamiliar act of being seductive but it just kept getting worse.

I started scratching at the pain and could feel myself begin to burn up. My cheeks became flushed and puffy. I grabbed my glass for a drink to help wash it down but it was no use.

"Harry," I began to cough. " What did you put in this?" I said through exhausted breaths.

"What do you mean? It's vanilla cake." He replied, chirpily.

By then he could see the colour deepening in my ever growing cheeks.

"Did you put any nuts in here?" I asked.

"No," he replied.

"Any ingredients that may contain traces of nuts?" I asked again, wincing.

"No, why?" he replied once more, this time becoming more worried.

"Any nut extracts?" I asked struggling, almost out of breath.

"Almond?" He said questioningly, with a deepening worried look on his face. "But that isn't a nut is it?"

"Crap. I'm. Allergic." I struggled to breathe out, and then slowly my eye lids fell shut.

****

I woke up the next day in a hospital. My head was pounding, my throat dry and sore, and my arms hooked up to several machines. I rubbed at my eyes as I slowly began to awaken. There was no one in my room, but I could see Harry outside the room talking on the phone through the blinds, but he couldn't see me. Just then, a tall and slim brunette doctor came into my room and asked me how I was feeling.

"How are you doing today? Feeling alright love?" She said smiling down at me, and checking things off of her clipboard.

"Um y-yeah," my voice croaked.

"Well love, you must have eaten something with nuts in it, because you had an allergic reaction and your body went into anaphylactic shock as a response." She said worried. "And luckily, if it weren't for your handsome boyfriend over there," she said pointing at the window,"you wouldn't be alive right now." She smiled.

Why she was smiling, I don't know. But I can see how she could have been mistaken.

"Oh he's not my boyfriend," I quickly corrected her, looking over at the window where Harry had now spotted I was awake.

"Yet," she replied in a sweet hushed tone, and left the room.

Harry quickly scurried in, to my bedside and apologised several times that I eventually lost count.

"It's okay, if it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't be alive right now, you saved my life and I owe that to you." I said, calming him down.

"But if it wasnt for me you wouldn't be in this place right now." He quickly replied gulping, sadness engulfing his face.

"It's fine Harry, you didn't know, you couldn't have known." I said reaching for his hand and reassuring him.

"I'm so sorry Ruby, I really want to make it up to you. I know I've only known you a few days but I almost killed you, the least you could do is let me clear my guilty conscience and make it up to you. Please?" He begged, looking ashamed and guilty.

"Fine." I smiled, a little extra time with Harry couldn't hurt.

"Good, there's this gala on in a few days time, and I want you to be my date." He smiled cheekily and leant up to plant an apologetic sloppy kiss on my forehead.

I simply just blushed, he continued talking about the gala, but I was still stuck on the word 'date.' It made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside, and gave me a sense of belonging. Made me feel like I was appreciated. And then reality hit me.

Another humiliating dinner? Again? Every time I'm with Harry I seem to embarrass myself or get myself killed, I'm really not sure this is the best idea...

"I'm going to introduce you to my friends." Harry smiled, waiting for a happy hopeful reaction I never gave him.

"Hooray" I said to myself.. Let the social awkwardness games, begin..

===============================================================

Hey! So this chapter wasnt as exciting, but I hope it was okay. Please leave me a comment to let me know how I'm going, and vote if you like it!! And im thinking 150 votes on this chapter, and ill put the next one up mid week! Thanks xoxox