33

Xyla POV

"Thank you." I smiled sliding into the booth. And Jaime sat on the side facing the door. "Come over here." I patted beside me and he shook his head.

"I gotta watch out."

"Baby come here." He stared at me and sighed.

"Don't do that to me. You know what that does to me and you are manipulating me." He sat next to me.

"Can I get you guy started with drinks, we have bottomless mimosas til 4."

"We will take that." I spoke up. "And I wanna order a Pepsi and water." I looked at him and he nodded.

"Okay. I'll be right back."

"Thank you." I smiled at her. "So..."

"So..." he mocked me and I laughed softly. "You wanna be my wife?"

"Yes." I looked at him and he stared at me. "I am done being afraid, I have been in love with you for a very long time, I am willing to give it a chance if you are willing as well."

"I am willing to give you my all." He demanded I contact just to make sure I understood him. " honestly I haven't been with anyone since the day that we found out Breezy died." I kissed my teeth and he laughed.

"Yeah right."

" I am so for real, when you got other shit going on in life you don't think about pussy. I definitely think I was addicted to sex. Lucas help me realize that a long ass time ago. I kind of lost the addiction when I was going through some really troubling times, and I couldn't even take care of myself. I definitely think that was God's way of calling me out of the deep end. That shit was bad, I was doing way too much, and I am just so happy that I got over that phase of my life before I caught an STD or HIV or something." I nodded. " oh, I don't even really find any excitement in objectifying women or using them as sex dolls. I'm just not interested in that anymore. I am looking for a deeper connection now. I've been found that deeper connection but like you said, I had to realize, and allow myself to become what I needed to become. I definitely feel like I blamed you, or I scolded you for demanding the best for and from me instead of taking me for my potential. I also think your mindset helped us a lot because I definitely would've fuck shit up by now. I am in a different mindset space now, my mental is way different. I lost two major people in my life. I am a year. I just had to sit back and think about the people that I surround myself with and who is really worth keeping around and cherishing." I nodded.

" honestly, losing them made me realize shit as well, after that whole blowup thing aft breezy died. It really made me realize how much I loved you and how much your words affected me, how connected you are to my heart if you get what I'm saying. It was a different type of pain that I experienced. I love you so much and I don't quite understand it but I will try, like you said, I will give you my all. You gave me one of the best people I ever had in my life... My daughter. I would've never experienced that if we didn't have the connection that we were. We have been going through everything together for these past almost 2 years."

" it's only been almost 2 years, I feel like I've known you my whole life we had a daughter for almost a year. That is so sad. Soon as she got the opportunity to really live life it's like it was taken away from her. Soon as she got somewhere that she felt loved and protective, it was taken away from her." I nodded.

" I was thinking the same thing. We found her and we changed her life just as fast as it got better it was taken away." I shook my head.

" at least you showed her what love was before she lost her life."

" we showed her what real love was. She doesn't remember you from that one day, she remembers you from the whole experience that she had with you. There was no doubt that you were an amazing father. You did way better than I thought you were going to do. She turned you into a person that I could not shield myself from. You became something so beautiful and amazing and caring and nurturing calm you stepped up as a father figure, and it also showed me that we were down for whatever with each other. You've got my back no matter what." He nodded.