NINETEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
finally

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "HOW DID YOU get your license!?" Rae questioned as she felt Ashley hold onto her torso for dear life

"HOW DID YOU get your license!?" Rae questioned as she felt Ashley hold onto her torso for dear life. Rae was almost there on Leon's torso also. "Was your examiner fearless or completely blind!?"

     "Are you dead? No?" Leon rolled his eyes as he avoided a falling rock, shouting, "Then stop complaining."

     "You just want me to hold on to you tightly, right? That's why you're driving so bad." Rae pleaded, feeling Ashley lay her head against Rae's back to avoid looking at the dangerous area, "Please tell me you've gotten better!"

     "This is how I drive Rae!"

"For the love of god Leon, it's been six years—"

"Would you two please just stop arguing so I can panic in quiet!" Ashley interrupted, her arms tightening around Rae as she tried to ignore the rocks that fell all around them.

     Leon had taken up driving the water scooter, which, as Rae said, might have not been the best idea. He insisted that he drive, and Rae hold onto him. Ashley insisted on holding onto Rae. Rae was just tossed around and even though she wanted to have Ashley in the middle, just in case, they both told her to stop arguing.

So now Rae was in the middle as they sped through the island that was crumbling down upon itself, dodging falling rocks and items in the water.

There was a sharp turn that made Leon shout, "Hold on!" as he narrowly dodged the giant boulder that slid down. Luckily it was caught by the other side of the cavern they were slipping through. Ashley's grip was so tight on her Rae figured any minute she would start suffocating from a lack of air. She didn't vocalize this to the frightened girl though, not wanting to shame her for fear.

     Eventually there was the bright beam of light through the dark rock walls and Leon drove over a yellow ramp to freedom. They crashed into the water and Leon quickly stopped the scooter when they were some distance from the island, stopping to turn around and look at it as it was destroyed.

The scooter was stopped, and everyone let out deep breaths. Rae felt the arms around her waist disappear as Ashley leaned back, and Rae let hers stay for a moment before she sat up straight. Leon turned around, asking them, "Are you two alright?"

Rae gave a short nod, just as captivated by the burning island as Leon was with her. Ashley answered, "I'm not sure! That was insane!" Ashley sounded breathless.

     A loud boom was heard as multiple explosions went off on the island. Water spurt from the cavern they had just been in. If they were still in there, there was no doubt they'd be dead. Then it began to rain upon the trio. Ashley stuck her hand out to try and catch some of the droplets while Rae tossed her head back, allowing the refreshing rivulets to slide across her face as a relieved grin grew across it.