ONE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚 :
perfectly capable

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "ARE YOU STILL tracking Condor One?" Jayden, the D

    "ARE YOU STILL tracking Condor One?" Jayden, the D.O.S. agent assigned to Rae for this mission questioned after breaking the silence by calling her over her radio. Luckily Rae had gotten partnered with him on a previous mission, so the two knew each other quite well.

     "Unfortunately." Rae said, not so sarcastically as she pushed herself up from her laying position against the harsh rocky mountain.

     She was still looking over him, watching as he moved along the paths crowded with angry villagers attempting to block his way. They all failed miserably, via getting shot or getting roundhouse kicked in the face. It was an impressive sight, even from this distance.

     See, Rae was known as the Guardian Angel. She would be assigned to missions for backup, only following the person leading the mission from afar.

     Once Rae saw the person leading this mission she immediately wanted to back out. Even though she was helping him by taking out enemies that got too close, those of which he couldn't handle—which wasn't a lot, he was very capable of handling himself—and even moving his boat for him once he passed out in the middle of a lake, she found her presence seemed unnecessary.

     Her entire career, the woman didn't want to get stuck working beside Leon (even though she wasn't 100% that he was working in the same corporation as her, she had her suspicions) and now that they were assigned to the same job it was no difficult. Rae was still determined to never speak to him, even if she had to protect him from afar.

     "All this complaining is making me believe you don't want to complete this mission." Jayden said, even though they both knew the truth. She didn't. But she had to make sure Leon and Ashley were safe. Kind of difficult because Ashley hadn't been found yet, and this place was littered with danger.

     Rae inquired, "Why am I even assigned to this mission? He doesn't need back up; he's doing just fine. More than fine even." She huffed, "I just watched him roundhouse kick a brute in the face."

     "I've heard that Agent Kennedy loves to show off his hand-to-hand combat skills." Jayden mused.

     Rae stood up, grabbing her sniper rifle and carefully placing it around her shoulder. She pulled out her pistol and began to walk along the edges of the mountain, keeping an eye on Leon with her binoculars as he quickly moved through the muddy but thin pathway.