ELEVEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 :
we just met and i hate you

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     RAE HAD LANDED safely, managing to even perform a cool roll to keep herself without landing harshly

RAE HAD LANDED safely, managing to even perform a cool roll to keep herself without landing harshly. Still, when she had the chance she laid upon the ground, unmoving. She needed to give her heartbeat a moment to calm down.

"Rae! Are you okay?" Leon urged, checking the girl who hadn't moved before he even looked over his own appearance.

"Yes." Her answer was muddled by the floor of the cave.

Leon looked at her for a second before he huffed and grabbed onto her arm, beginning to lift her up, "Then get up."

"I just want to lay for a minute—"

     "I agree with the lady." Luis said, sitting up from his previously laid down position, "We should take a break."

     "We don't have the time." Leon objected, bringing the girl reluctantly to her feet.

Rae huffed and looked down at the firm grip on her arm. His hands were hidden by the fingerless gloves, but she could still see the veins prominent as they led to his well-toned arms. She gulped and looked upwards, finding him looking down at her with a cocky expression. He had been watching her checking him out.

     Rae tried not to feel embarrassed, but she couldn't help it as she ripped her arm out of his grip and helping Luis stand up. The man looked around, "Oh, man...Hm, but actually this works." Luis stated, "Oye. Let's get on that lift."

The lift he was speaking of was at the end of a short wooden pathway. They started down the path, almost reaching the elevator when the floor suddenly broke in front of them. Rae had been first, and her foot went over the edge. She had almost fell but Leon's hand reached out and grasped Rae's hand, pulling her back.

     "No way." Luis complained at the unfortunate timing of the bridge breaking, "Give me a break."

     "Agreed." Rae piped as she backed away from the newly formed ledge.

"We can make it if we circle around. Come on." Leon said as he jumped down the newly former ledge, finding it a pathway into a lower cave.

     "Pain in my ass..." Luis muttered as him and Rae followed behind Leon. Rae gave him a pat on the back before though. They were moving along the walls of the cave, all traveling on a thin path that wrapped around the rock material.

     Then the trio spotted a bug creature flying in from the giant open area. Luis had previously explained that this was where the cult had originally mined up the amber, hence the giant rock in the middle of it. Leon was quick to shoot the bug down, its body falling to the abyss.