EIGHT

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 :
feelings revealed in the bird cage

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     RAE WAS GOING to lose it if she had to do another puzzle, even though she was only tagging along and doing what Leon ordered her to

RAE WAS GOING to lose it if she had to do another puzzle, even though she was only tagging along and doing what Leon ordered her to. They had just spent anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes just running around a maze and fighting off demonic dogs while trying to pull the correct switches, which were on opposite sides of the maze.

Once the puzzle was finished it allowed them into another beautiful but luckily shorter hall. There was one locked door to their left but to the right was the merchant.

They didn't have anything to purchase so they kept moving. At the end of the grand hall were stairs, one that led to a statue that had three heads, all three missing.

Rae glared at the statue, irritated that she had to do another puzzle. Leon's voice was heard behind her, "Do you want to split up?"

She realized how loud he sounded and turned around, finding him only a foot or so away. Subtly she scanned his body before nodding, "I think that would be better for time."

"Okay, you stay with Ashley and check that room," Leon motioned to the door to the direct left of the statue, "I'll go to this one." He pointed at the one a little further down the hallway, back on the higher level. This place had strange architecture.

     "Sure." Rae shrugged, turning back to Leon, "Stay safe."

"You too." Leon gave the, both one last glance before he traveled up the stairs and entered his room.

"Come on! This will be fun!" Ashley sounded excited as she rushed up to Rae. The older girl smiled at her antics and nodded in agreement.

     "We still have to be careful." Rae reminded.

"Of course." Ashley nodded rapidly, showing her understanding, even though her excited smile faltered.

"Screw it, let's just have fun." Rae let out a quiet laugh at the way Ashley's face lit up as she started walking to the door, "Come on."

Ashley followed behind her as Rae opened the door, being met with a fancy red carpet and red furniture. She scanned the room, finding no one. But to the right the room grew larger. Rae entered silently, holding Matilda as she crept further inside, Ashley quick on her tail.

However, once she got a good view of the other room, there was still no enemies. Rae hummed, "We're clear."

     "There's no one?" Ashley hummed curiously, "Wow, I wonder what Leon's room looks like."