AFTER SERENDIPITY

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙯𝙚𝙧𝙤 :
why are you guys covered in blood

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THE TRAIN FINALLY came to a stop, allowing the survivors to climb off

     THE TRAIN FINALLY came to a stop, allowing the survivors to climb off. Leon quickly jumped down first, giving his hand out to Rae while he smiled boyishly. Rae grinned as she took his hand, "Why thank you, my good sir."

     Leon helped her jump down even though they both knew she didn't need it, "Of course, milady."

     Rae brushed off her pants, letting out a sigh of relief at the new and empty station. It was a lovely sight compared to the collapsing one with zombies inside that they had just been at not twenty minutes ago. "Oh wow..." Rae muttered.

  Leon noticed her calming deep breath and chuckled, "I know right?"

     "You hear that?" Rae turned to Leon as she asked this.

     Leon froze in anticipation and tried to hear whatever Rae was speaking of. He looked around the station but couldn't find anything that was making any noise. Confused, he furrowed his eyebrows, "Hear what?"

"Nothing." Rae blinked at him, "Absolutely nothing at all."

It took Leon a moment to realize what she was trying to say, but when he did he nodded, "Oh."

     She smiled at him, "There's nothing here. Nothing trying to kill us. No zombies or lickers or that weird fedora hat guy. Just quiet."

     The two soaked in the relieving sight for a minute more before a thought hit Rae, "Wait! Where's Claire!"

     "Oh, right." Leon remembered, walking closer to Rae to look at the train as if Claire's head would suddenly pop out of a random window and say peek-a-boo, "Wasn't she on it?"

     "I think so," Rae pointed out, "she was driving the train, right?"

     They waited around for a few seconds, and were met by a figure walking through the end of the section of train. Seeing the familiar girl made them both grin at the same time, "Claire!" The two greeted simultaneously.

     "Rae, Leon!" Claire grinned, taking an excited step forward only to pause. The girl turned and looked behind her into the train, where they could not see, "C'mon, they're safe. I know them."