THIRTEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
different time, same old rivalry

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     RAE WASN'T ENTIRELY sure how she had ended up in the backseat of the speedboat while Leon stayed in the passenger seat with Ada driving, but now all she knew was she was staring at the back of Ada's head with a glare

RAE WASN'T ENTIRELY sure how she had ended up in the backseat of the speedboat while Leon stayed in the passenger seat with Ada driving, but now all she knew was she was staring at the back of Ada's head with a glare. The two were having a conversation, without Rae, and she was feeling grumpy because of it. The spike of jealousy she felt wasn't helping her depleting mood.

"...but I don't think I'll get a straight answer." Leon said, "You know, after the incident. The world changed. You try to save one person; a hundred others die. I guess I changed too."

     "You? Leon S. Kennedy?" Ada smiled as though it was a joke. "You haven't changed. You just think you have."

     Rae huffed, throwing her head onto the back of the seat. She had her legs wide, shamelessly manspreading as her arms were laid against the top of the seat. It didn't matter, no one else was back there.

Leon turned to give Rae a glance to see her reaction to Ada's statement only for his eyes to get caught on her figure. His eyes followed the way her chest raised as she took in an irritated breath, and his eyes lingered until her head suddenly snapped up.

     She glared at him, as if feeling his gaze. His eyebrows raised and he adjusted his seating position, clearing his throat before he turned back to Ada, but got distracted by the way that Rae stared at him out of his peripheral.

"Your question?" Ada prompted, trying to get his attention back onto her.

     "Right." Leon glanced at her before turning back to the ocean, "Have you changed, Ada? Or are you just trying to use us again?"

     Ada turned to him slowly, "What do you think?" The girl turned back forward as they approached the island, "We're here." She announced.

The woman stood up after slowly down till they were no longer moving. She pulled out a fancy tool and pointed it upwards. She shot it and it hit the rock, then she said, "Don't think too hard, handsome. See you two later."

     Then her figure was flying off the boat, Leon quickly jumping to the driver's seat to grab the wheel and stabilize the boat.

     Leon let out a deep breath as he watched the red dress disappear amongst the rocky mountains. He couldn't help it and turned around, curious of her expression. He found the woman glaring intensely at the area that Ada had disappeared.