TWELVE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚 :
was it because he's short?

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     IT WAS LIKE the two were cursed

IT WAS LIKE the two were cursed. Everyone they met, gone. Everyone except each other. It definitely made Rae appreciate the man beside her, the same one that had held her hand and pulled her from Luis's body, telling her that they couldn't stay.

They had left through another elevator, both quiet until Rae received a transmission. She sighed before accepting it, reaching upwards as Leon turned to her.

"Rae." The girl's eyebrows lifted, it was Ada speaking to her through the call, "There's only time to say this once, so listen up. They took your friend to the top of the clock tower. If you hurry, you might get there before she turns into one of them."

Rae let out a laugh, not understanding Ada's motive for helping, "Look at you, being all helpful."

"Don't tell me I wasted my time." Ada retorted.

"You didn't." Rae answered unwillingly, "We'll head there now. Am I supposed to say thank you?"

Ada hummed for a moment, thinking of how to respond without being too friendly. "Yes. You are." Then she said, "I'd hurry if I were you."

Then she hung up, just in time as the elevator came to a stop. Rae narrowed her eyes, dropping her hand as Leon asked, "Who was it?"

"Ada gave us a friendly tip. They've taken Ashley to the clocktower." Rae answered as Leon walked out of the elevator, looking around.

"That one?" Leon pointed outwards.

Rae turned and spotted the building. Low and behold, the clocktower was there. "Yeah." She blinked, "I guess."

Rae took a step forward, finding a cart that would bring them across the space. She made her way to the cart's door and opened it, entering it and holding it open for Leon to enter. He did, but he was staring down at her intensely, "Are you okay?" Leon asked, noticing her slight limp.

"Yeah, I think he threw me at something." Rae brushed off her injury as she leaned against the edge of the cart. It began to move across the abyss slowly, making Rae slightly anxious that it would break, and they would fall and die.

Leon stopped in the middle of the cart, looking at her with concerned eyes, "Let me see."

Knowing how stubborn he would be if she said no, she rolled up her pant leg, wincing as the fabric brushed against the wound. Leon kneeled onto the floor, "Put your foot on my knee." He ordered.