NINE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚 :
what in the seven hells is that?

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     LEON RAISED HIS hand to his ear, clearly getting a call

LEON RAISED HIS hand to his ear, clearly getting a call. Rae watched and tried to listen as he responded to the person on the line, "Ada?"

Rae walked out of the cage, still listening without shame.

It took a little for Leon to respond. "Hey! Ada? Ada!... Perfect." Leon huffed, having obviously gotten hung up on.

"What'd she say?" Rae inquired as soon as he walked out of the cage after her.

"They're taking Ashley to the throne room." Leon revealed.

"Let's just follow her path, it should reach the throne room, right?" Rae suggested.

     Leon nodded, "Theoretically."

     Rae looked back and forth between the open door and the man, "Do you want to lead the way or should I?"

"I'll do it." Leon sighed, turning away from her to avoid eye contact.

His mood had obviously dropped after their conversation. It made her feel guilty for even mentioning their relationship, especially now that she was aware of the government's pressuring to keep them separate.

     With a deep breath she followed him. Leon brought her into the room Ashley had fled through, revealing a door to the right and a double door to the left. Taking a shot Leon opened the doors to the left and they were met with a hallway, but the left side was broken down. At the end was a doorway, one they quickly passed through.

     This revealed a large room with strange architecture although it could be because of its messy state. They were at the top of stairs, in a spot where they were looking down upon the situation below. Stairs spiraled all over the room, and some of the floor was broken.

     As they began making their way down the stairs Leon advised, "Watch your step."

     "Got it—" Rae was cut off when they made it down one flight, figures suddenly flew into sight, just over the banister. They were strange insect creatures, and they looked hostile.

     Immediately the two began firing upon the bug creatures. Once they were gone Leon piped, "Wow Ramón, you are really slacking on your pest control."

     Rae couldn't help but laugh, "You're just full of corny one liners, aren't you?" Leon shrugged, quickly looking away from her and continuing down the hill. It made her mood immediately drop.