FIFTEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
miley cirus would be proud

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THE TWO HAD stayed quiet until Ashley woke up, neither breaking the piercing silence that squished their hearts and made them nervous

"Rae?" Ashley asked, reaching a hand out and placing it upon the girl's shoulder. Rae was still seated on the floor in front of the cot while Leon was further in the room, his back against the wall as he too looked outside the room.

Rae turned to the younger girl, "I see the princess has awoken." She got to her feet as Ashley began to sit up on the cot.

"Yeah...Thank you." Ashley said, gazing down at her arms and finding them normal. At least they appeared normal, the suppressant was doing its job still. "You brought the medicine just in time."

Rae shook her head, nodding it towards Leon. She didn't dare look at him as she suggested, "You should say it to him instead. He's the one that got the suppressants."

     Leon looked towards Ashley once he realized the girl was looking at him. Since he couldn't hear their conversation, he just blinked until Ashley said, "Thank you."

     "Yup." Leon nodded as he also got to his feet, "Can you stand?"

"Where's Luis?" Ashley slowly swung her legs off the cot.

     The two let out a simultaneous breath, Rae stayed quiet to let Leon answer. He did, "He was worried about you...until the end."

     Ashley froze, realizing what he meant by the statement. Her gaze flickered to Rae, but found the woman looking at the ground, avoiding eye contact. Ashley breathed out.

Rae reached forward and grasped Ashley's hand, giving the body part a firm squeeze before she dropped it and ordered, "We need to go, there's not much time left."

     "Yeah, let's get rid of these things." Leon added.

     "For Luis." Ashley stood up, determined.

Leon reached up to his earpiece and called someone, once Rae heard him say Ada's name. Rae was sure she didn't want to listen, but she still tried. It was only when Ashley came up to her, talking about something that she had to focus on the girl instead.

     "We're kind of matching!" Ashley pointed out the two's outfits. Now they were both in tank tops.

     "Yeah...I guess we are. How cute." Rae hummed, not noticing the way Ashley's face lit up at her words.