𝟔. | '𝐺𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛'

"Did you really think to hiding a boy from me?" Meredith asked Zola in a rather surprised tone as she followed her to her room.

"I just thought..." she stopped turning to her mother.

"What?"

"Well, whether you would have gotten mad or started giving me one of those speeches, I don't know!" Meredith approached her.

"Zola" she sat on her bed "Babe, you know you can tell me everything" she stroked her shoulder.

"Sorry, I know..."

"Of course you're always my baby and I love you, and now that you're grown you can always count on me" Zola smiled and hugged her "I love you too mommy" Meredith kissed her forehead and got out of bed to go out.

"Oh and anyway he was very cute!" she turned to her daughter with a smirk.

"I know!" she said with a look that clearly showed she was thinking about him.

"Well, goodnight" the two greeted each others again before going to sleep.

Meredith entered her room, taking off her clothes and threw herself straight into bed, letting herself be carried away by the comfort and warmth of the blankets. It didn't take long before she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

~×~

Maya went to find a vending machine for coffee or something to eat. She was very tired, since then she hadn't come home yet. She had received several calls and messages from her wife, but there was not much signal in that place. Of course she missed her and her son too. As soon as things calmed down she could afford a break from all the stress.

As she wandered the corridors of the hospital she managed to find a vending machine. It wasn't great but better than nothing. She took a dollar out of her pocket and slipped it into the machine, dialing the number of what she had chosen.
As she waited for it she was drawn into a conversation of some doctors arguing a short distance behind her. It seemed that the subject was of a woman who died a few hours ago apparently, of whom they had no news to warn any family members. She couldn't figure it out much, but she didn't care that much.

"Maya" she turned to find herself in front of her friend.

"Andy, what are you doing here?" she asked her confused taking the bar that she had bought.

"I could ask you the same thing. When Sullivan was leaving he told me he was headed here, what's happened?" no one could hide anything from anyone, someone always managed to get in the way. Andy Herrera is certainly one of the most nosy that can exist in the world in this regard.

"No, nothing" bullshits. She is in a hospital, It was obvious that something was wrong.
Well, she was the person she could tell everything to, and having one more person in this case would have been even better.

"My wife's brother, he's here" Andy tried to remember who Carina's brother was, after all she had seen him once or maybe twice in her whole life.

"That one who tried to follow the sex traffickers?" this was the only thing she could remember him with. "That one who... died?" she continued confused.

"Yes, well, he didn't die. He's here. We found him yesterday during the fire" Every time she told it aloud, it seemed more and more surreal.

"Oh God..." it seemed more and more like a miracle, for everyone. "They've kidnapped him...?" Maya scratched her head. Andrew still hadn't talked about what had happened to him but they were pretty sure about the situation.

"I think so... But then I'll talk with him" a strange sudden silence had formed, what else could be said?

"Ok Maya, go home, rest. I'll stay here, don't worry, go to your wife and your son, ok?" Andy put a hand on her shoulder looking at her, and the girl nodded. She needed to distract herself and rest, that's all.

~×~

- One week later -

In reality, things had remained the same. Nick wasn't there and for Meredith work was always like a stress.
Well, stress was not only given by that, but it had a lot of influence.

There is always a moment when you feel happy and everything seems to be going so well, sometimes even too well. Meredith had been through so much, she just wanted to be happy, but she knew that something was always going to happen to her that would make everything so difficult.

So she decided that she would take some time off from work, from everyone, and she would leave to go to Minnesota. Zola would stay at home with her siblings, maybe some evenings Maggie or Amelia could come.
She didn't know how long she would stay, just as long as it took, maybe she could go home with Nick when things calmed down.
The last time he had written to her, the situation had improved, but he would help the hospital since there was a lack of staff. Meredith was more than sympathetic to all of this, she would have done the same. She knew that Nick was good at his job, but the fact that he's been on the road often lately even though he's now working here in Seattle was weird...

She had already notified everyone of her departure, Amelia would take her place as interim chief, everything was already been settled.
Meredith had already packed her bags, she was leaving today, she wanted to surprise him, see him again.

~×~

Sullivan helped Andrew out of bed as Maya and Andy entered, smiling at him.

"How are you feeling?" Maya asked approaching him.

"I'm fine" they could understand that he couldn't stand being there anymore.

He was healed, well physically he seemed to be fine, he only had a bandage for a slight wrist fracture, and now they would accompany him to the house where he was supposed to live now. They would not stop being close to him and helping him.
He would settle down, and little by little it is hoped that he will return to being what everyone knew before.

A/n: Hii! I just hope you liked this chapter too, and happy Grey's Anatomy and Station 19 day 🥳
I'M SO EXCITED AND SCARED-