𝟑. | '𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝐴𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒'

"Time of death 17:46" Meredith pulled off her gloves in frustration after declaring yet another death.

"Take her to the morgue and damn turn that monitor off please!" She wouldn't be able to take anything anymore, but the day wasn't over yet.
Her job is to save lives and today she wasn't doing quite as well as she should. The only good thing was that at least no more wounded arrived.

~×~

They had put an oxygen mask on him to help him breathe, because of the fire it was very difficult to breathe in that area.

Maya still looked at him in disbelief, she tried to think about what to do, but at that moment it was hard to even think.

"Shall we take him to the hospital?" Sullivan asked her.

"I- I don't know, I don't know what to do..." Maya replied. In short, finding someone you thought was dead is certainly not a normal thing.

Andrew tried to take off his mask. "No, I don't want... I don't want to go to the hospital... I don't want the others see me... I don't want anything-"

"Andrew, look at me" Maya caught his attention. "We have to help you, I know it's hard, but-"

"No, no, you- you can't even imagine how I feel, okay? You can't know how hard it's been, okay? So please, stop" He looked into her eyes.

She could clearly see all the pain and anger in him. He was right, she certainly could never have imagined what he had been through, she didn't have the faintest idea. But she just wanted to help him, that's all.

"We'll take you to the Seattle Presbyterian, they'll check you out and you'll stay there until you're better, if you want we can come and see you every day, and then I can host you at my house, is it okay for you?" Sullivan approached him wanting to reassure him. He couldn't tell if Andrew approved of his offer.

Andrew looked up at him. "Thank you" Sullivan gave him a slight smile.

They put him on a stretcher and called an ambulance for Seattle Presbyterian.

"Are you okay?" Sullivan walked over to Maya, she was looking at the stretcher carrying Andrew into the ambulance.

"He is my wife's brother, and now he is here... I don't know how to feel. But... he is here"

~×~

"Hey" Nick walked into Meredith's office, found her face in her hands.

He took the chair in front of the desk and moved it beside her. He put an arm around her shoulders.
"I'm just so tired, I want to go home" she said desperately as she rested her head on Nick's shoulder.

"And I don't want you to leave again" she added.

"Well but I have to" he gave her a little kiss on her forehead.

Meredith's phone began to ring, interrupting the small atmosphere that had been created.

"It's a 911, by Amelia..." they looked at each other for a second and began to worry.

"What's happened?" he asked.

"I don't know... let's go" they both left the office. Meredith got back on the phone to see if Amelia had written her more details. Nick had seen her in the corridors, he headed towards her after having warned Meredith as well.

"Amelia, what's happening?"

"It's Maggie..." Meredith looked at her with a worried expression.
Maggie was pregnant, so the first thing she could think of was that something was wrong with the baby. God, what else has gone wrong now?

The three of them entered the room where Maggie was, Winston was next to her, and Carina was doing an ultrasound. She had abdominal pains, she was still moaning in pain. All she needed was the support of her sisters and everyone who loved her.

"There's an effusion near the spleen, here" Carina pointed to the little ultrasound screen, the others moved closer to see.

"And is it serious...?" Maggie asked.

"If left untreated it could get worse and cause harm to the baby, so I recommend the surgery" Carina said.

"Can we do it now?"

"Yes, we have to proceed as soon as possible, and then everything will be fine" Carina smiled reassuring her.

"We'll wait for you in the waiting room, okay?" Winston approached her.

"Okay" she smiled at him.

"I love you baby"

"Me too" He gave her a small kiss before Carina carried her into surgery.

It was so nice that finally she had found love too, if now things would get complicated it would be terrible.