𝟗. | '𝐵𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑛'

A/n: Okk, are you ready for this? Just a word: F I N A L L Y !!!
Well, anyway... THANK YOU SM FOR 1.1k READINGS ILY'ALL!!! ❤️😫

Meredith was stuffing all her clothes into the suitcase, the anger she felt was evident. She had entered without even closing the door, she had simply run as fast as possible to take all her things and never have to do with that place again. Even with Nick.
God she was so furious that she could have strangled him to death.

Nick had followed her, he wouldn't let her go until he could clarify everything. So... quite a bit.

"Meredith!" he walked into her room, she just ignored him and kept getting everything ready.

"Please, Meredith..." she looked up, which might have even glared at him, and she walked over to him.

"What? What do you want from me? What the hell do you still want?! Tell me!" she raised her voice at last.

"Mer, I love y-"

"NO, STOP! STOP SAIN' IT" she stopped him by yelling at him. "You have no idea of what I passed in my whole life, ok? You can't even imagine all the pain I felt, ok?!" Her eyes brightened again. "All the people who I gave my heart now are gone or dead. And if you think that I need this, that I need you, you're wrong. You know, I always thought that going on was the best way to be happy, so many beautiful things could happened. But today you confirmed me that I can only trust myself..." he kept silent, he knew that by now everything would be useless.

Meredith went back to the bed to close her suitcase, put on her jacket and returned to the door, where Nick was still there.

"I don't want to see you ever again" neither of them added anything else, Meredith went out dragging the suitcase, without thinking twice.

Nick felt all those guilt that killed him, he had just made her more broken than she already was.

- One week later -

Amelia and Maggie had done nothing but stay close to their sister. Even Zola tried to make her feel better, she didn't like seeing her mother like that. Meredith just tried not to show her feelings for her too much, she wasn't that kind of person.

Amelia still had the job of interim chief, at least if Meredith wanted she could afford to rest as long as she wanted.

Nick hadn't returned yet, but Meredith wasn't even sure he would be able to return to Seattle. He perhaps would have preferred to stay in Minnesota with his perfect family, the family he had always wanted but now he had with another woman. But none of that mattered to her, she didn't want anything to do with him anymore.

"Ok, I love you all but you're literally suffocating me" Meredith said as she got up to drink some water.

"We just wanna stay with you" the three retorted.

"Yeah ok, thanks, but you don't have to take care of me like if I'm a baby" she said to them and headed for the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Maggie asked.

"I wanna go out" Meredith yelled from above. She had gone to put on some more comfortable clothes, she would have taken her car and headed to a place further away for some distraction.

"And you'll let us here..." Amelia added.

"Yup" Meredith came downstairs in a jacket, grabbed her car keys and walked out of the house, breathing a sigh of relief as she slammed the door shut.

She got into the car and started the engine, waiting for nothing more to leave.
The road was clear, it would have taken her wherever she wanted, her open windows let the wind pass that moved her hair and crossed her thoughts. The clouds drifting away to make room for the late afternoon sun after a long morning of rain, Meredith felt good about herself for a moment.

But that feeling didn't last long. Meredith had to brake suddenly due to a long queue that had formed on the road. She stopped abruptly and leaned out the window to try to see something.
In the distance, screams could be heard, it seemed that something serious had happened.

Meredith got out of the car, her medical instinct suddenly activated. She ran where they needed help, but she didn't even know where to start. There had been a huge chain collision, a truck had even overturned.
People were screaming, they were insane, calling for help, but help was yet to arrive.

The woman looked around for some time, then she started going to check on some people while waiting for help to arrive.

~×~

After that day Carina never stopped smiling, she was so happy to have her little brother back. Maya was just as happy for her wife, seeing her like this cheered her up a lot.

Andrew was getting better and better, his broken arm had improved, now they had taken off the bandage, he just had to be careful of sudden movements. He was settling in more and more, besides being physically back he seemed to be the Andrew DeLuca he was before, the one who always found the good in everything, who wanted the best for everyone, the one who was so stubborn that not even death would stop him, the guy that everyone knew.

He'd moved in with Maya and Carina, her sister wouldn't leave him alone for a minute now that she'd found him. She had been given the most beautiful gift she could ask for, and she was just grateful.
He had thanked Sullivan for everything, he had always been by his side. He also called him Sully, even though he knew perfectly well that he hated being called like that.

He had missed all of this so much, the affection, the happiness, the company, but above all the people. Carina, The fights in Italian with her, his friends, and Meredith. God, he was always thinking about her. He had fallen in love with her intensely and that love had never faded.
He thought of her, of her smile, of their moments together, of how good they were.

"In those days I always thought mostly about her... It helped me to go on" these were his words.

Now he was at ease with Maya and Carina, even though it had only been since a week, he enjoyed playing the third wheel. They both knew he would continue. Yes, he was back.
He had also returned to doing one of the things he loved most, cooking. He did it with his sister, and well, for Maya that was just an advantage.

Andrew and Carina were watching a movie when Maya interrupted them after receiving an important message.

"It's the 19, there's a big chain collision, a truck overturned" Maya didn't wait even a second and started getting ready.

"We can come too" Carina said.

"Yeah, I mean, I'll never know how the movie will end, but... saving lives is better" Andrew added.

Maya smiled to the two siblings. "Sure"

The three went out together.

When they arrived they found the total chaos. Some ambulances had already arrived, but there were still many injured.
Maya and the entire fire crew make their way to the truck, while Andrew and Carina split up to help as many people as possible.

Andrew had helped a woman out of the car as she had her foot wedged from the impact, but he was also careful as he still couldn't make certain movements. The woman thanked him after he had helped her to reach her rescue, he just greeted her smiling and turned away, finding not too far from him a blonde woman who was looking at him.

His gaze intensified as he didn't believe he was actually facing Meredith.
She could have recognized him anywhere, she was just waiting for him to turn away to see better, and when she saw him... she didn't understand anything anymore.

A/n: .