who...21

Silence on the beach hearing the waves crash while you look out to the water. The sun might be harsh but the trees provide the perfect amount of shade to enjoy.

This was the life. These past few days have been nice just to get out my dad's house. Like it's a beautiful mansion it just doesn't exactly feel like home fully yet. I still enter the wrong rooms, out here I know this place so well.

Some of my family members have some issues and are still in the grieving process. Heck I have cried a lot out here sometimes it just happens out of nowhere. I just remember that feeling of my mom and being with her, the comfort she could give was top notch.

"I would love to live here permanently, but i feel if I ever did I might forget to appreciate the beauty of this place. Do you get me?", I said to our family.

"I mean it could happen but haven't had that experience. Honestly we always try to be outside day or night, there is nothing like doing that.", Tio Jean answered.

"I try to do the same our home has a beautiful view of the beach and just the best sunsets. I will go out to sit down in the gras watching the sunset, its such a calming feeling.", I said.

"I am just surrounded by buildings and sidewalk. I mean its aight but I enjoy getting out here its just better.", Felix said.

"Oy ya vamos pa la casa a comer vengan", grandma said.

(We are about to eat for all of you to come over.)

We started to pack everything up together the kids were already running back to the house. At this moment I was so happy and so sad, I felt like that first trip with Bey's family.

We made it back for dinner all of us ate together had some nice conversations. There were some games going on afterwards but I chose to head up to Jane and I's room. My dad was calling me through facetime and I missed him a lot.

"Hey baby, hows Puerto Rico?", he asked.

"Its been so much fun I have been at the beach like everyday. Tomorrow were going out to explore some of the historic places. I think we'll be seeing the castles or the jungle.", I said.

"Nice nice, so I'll be heading out on Friday, I should be there Saturday morning. We can then spend some days together with your family."

"You really are coming? I was wanting for the last minute cancel."

"No Kid, it's such an important place for you and even now I know it's more sentimental. I can imagine you think of your mom alone, I wanna be by your side." He smiled.

"You're gonna make me cry because I am missing her. I love it here but it has been hard not to constantly think about her. It's hard when I imagine she is in the house and when I want to look for her. I know all of us feel it here."

"I know its tough, I know you miss her. Sadly nothing i can say will make it better or bring her back. I will be soon out there to be with you", he smiled.

"Thanks, well im gonna try to distract myself."

There was a knock on the door.

"Tio Jean"

"Yeah sorry I wanted to let you know we are heading home of you wanna sleepover. I think we'll put some movies on and we're not taking any of the littles. Yall girls can get a break.", he said.

"Is Jane going?", I asked.

"Yeah she is, grab your night bag and stuff for tomorrow. I kind of already told them your coming", he said.

"Okay", I got up and grabbed my things.

Maybe getting out of this house would be the best choice for me and that might help. After packing up the outfits we headed to their house, I knew my way around their house from spending time here. They told us which room to stay in, and just dropped our things there.